Thank you for being a valued part of the CNET community. As of December 1, 2020, the forums are in read-only format. In early 2021, CNET Forums will no longer be available. We are grateful for the participation and advice you have provided to one another over the years.

Thanks,

CNET Support

General discussion

Automatic album art?

Dec 17, 2008 9:15AM PST

is there any way to automatically add album art (and other info) to MP3 files for my ipod nano? does anyone know of any programs that will do this for me?

Discussion is locked

- Collapse -
Itunes
Dec 19, 2008 3:42AM PST

there is a setting on iTunes 8 ... goto Edit>Preferences> a window will then pop up goto 'Store' click 'Automatically download missing album artwork'

- Collapse -
thanks
Dec 19, 2008 5:13AM PST

im aware of this, but i dont have a itunes store account and dont want to get one.

- Collapse -
cost nothing
Dec 19, 2008 6:11AM PST

the art work is free, you just need a credit card to open an account & it does not mean that you have to buy anything. I have had an account with them for about a month+ & have spent Zero cents at iTunes.

- Collapse -
Tune Up
Jan 14, 2009 3:08AM PST

Try TuneUp. We created it for this very problem. It should work pretty well for this kind of issue. Its quick and easy to use.We have a free version and paid version,either of which should be very helpful.

- Collapse -
thanks
Jan 14, 2009 3:12AM PST

will it work on the music already on my ipod, instead of just working with playlists in itunes like other programs i've tried?

- Collapse -
try this
Jan 26, 2013 8:51PM PST

one can try embedding mp3s with artwork automatically using taghycardia. it is a free utility designed specifically with ipod/iphone users in mind. in addition, it performs some diagnostics like detecting inconsistent cover pictures across an album.