General discussion

Autocomplete stopped working after I installed Snow Leopard!

I have a 2006 Mac Pro which I just updated by doing an an erase-and-install of OS-X 10.6. I imported my old Leopard settings from an external clone of my internal drive after installation.

I've discovered that when I open a web page in Safari that has a form, even a simple one with name, email and maybe a few other fields, typing doesn't trigger fills and using the autocomplete command pops up an error saying it can't find any matching fields. It doesn't work in Firefox either, which has a similar autocomplete function.

I've done the usual things, like erasing the saved information and resetting Safari, emptying the cache, turning autofill off and on again after quitting, etc. I am sure my personal Address Book card is completely filled in. Nothing works. Safari DOES remember a few password logins from sites like Amazon.com, but those aren't autofill, they're keychain processes. Anyway, filling out my name, email or mailing addresses? Won't work.

Any A-Z troubleshooting steps I can follow to kick autofill back into operation? Thanks!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Autocomplete stopped working after I installed Snow Leopard!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Autocomplete stopped working after I installed Snow Leopard!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums

Forum Info