Resolved Question

Auto Play CD, DVD etc.

When I insert a CD in the DVD RW Drive (E), the Auto Play window appears showing seven Picture Options. eg. "Import Pictures", "View Pictures" etc.
This is the window which shows when I connect a camera to the computer to download photos via usb.
Clicking on any of these options has no effect. However, in the same window, there is the heading, "General Options", and when I click on "Open folder to view files" the CD is shown. Click on that and the CD plays.

Is this correct or should a different window appear when inserting a CD?

Regards, raygfc

Discussion is locked
raygfc has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Follow
Reply to: Auto Play CD, DVD etc.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Auto Play CD, DVD etc.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

Best Answer

- Collapse -
It depends

It depends on the content Windows finds on the disc. If you insert one with a bunch of pictures, it will present options related to pictures. If it finds video files, you get video related option, etc.

- Collapse -
Thanks

Thanks for your reply. I had inserted a cd to set up a wireless router. I assume that because it contained some pictures, it presented options related to pictures. I have now tried a cd containing spreadsheets and an audio cd and they worked as I would expect.

Thanks again, raygfc

- Collapse -
Thanks

I had inserted a cd to set up a wireless router. I assume that because it contained some pictures, options related to pictures were pesented. I have now tried a cd containing spreadsheets and an audio cd and they worked correctly.

Thanks, raygfc

CNET Forums