Samsung forum

General discussion

Auto motion plus help

When AutoMotion Plus is turned off completely, does the TV's 120hz panel still reduce motion blur?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Auto motion plus help
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Auto motion plus help
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Auto motion plus help

In reply to: Auto motion plus help

Dannyajm,

When AutoMotion Plus is off, the television is still upconverting to 1080p and 120Hz, but the additional picture processing (which can reduce motion blur) itself is turned off.

What source are you having issues with?

--HDTech

Collapse -
movies

In reply to: Auto motion plus help

Does this upconverting to 120Hz help with motion blur though?

Basically what my concern is that although I enjoy having it turned on for sports, I prefer to have automotion plus off for movies because the smoothness effect can sometimes take away from the cinematic look, but I do like the idea of having motion blur reduced during movies.

Collapse -
movies

In reply to: movies

Dannyajm,

The additional AutoMotion Plus processing is likely what is causing that "smoothness effect". Most customers who find that effect bothersome remedy the situation by adjusting the AutoMotion Plus.

Since you noted that you also watch movies (since movies can come in through both the same box as the TV, or on a different input), you CAN set AutoMotion Plus settings by the input. So each input has its own set of settings that you can individually select for that device.

Motion blur can depend on the broadcast, the resolution being broadcast and the processing. It can also be dependent on the panel in some cases, but your panel will upconvert to 120Hz anyway - and that is specificially designed to reduce or eliminate motion blur by its very design.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Great

In reply to: movies

That answers all of my questions, thanks a lot for your help! Happy

Collapse -
My Pleasure!

In reply to: Great

Let us know if we can help further!

--HDTech

Collapse -
motion plus settings 46b640

In reply to: My Pleasure!

Just read you can set each on of your sources motion blur setting. How do you do this because i had a lot of motion blur on TV after fixing the motion blur on movie. Now i feel that since i have fixed TV, motion blur may come back to movie.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.