General discussion

Auto-Complete

Does Auto-Complete compromise personal information such as websites visited and password, etc? I never used it on IE7, but find it convenient on IE8. Everything is checked off in settings except for "Feeds", "Forms", and "Ask me before saving passwords". These are the default settings....is there a better way to configure?

My thanks.....Miki

XPX Dell Studio, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, IE 8.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Auto-Complete
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Auto-Complete
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
It's old news but
- Collapse -
Thank you, Bob

Thank you, Bob.....I decided to disable IE8 Auto-Complete.....I do not allow NIS 2011 Identity Theft option to function either ("Secures your identity while you are on the Internet. Includes a password manager for one-click secure logon and form auto-fill for frequently visited websites").

I admit I suffer from Paranoia Happy.

Miki

CNET Forums