The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Australia senatoronline party!

by Nicholas Buenk / October 17, 2007 5:10 PM PDT
http://www.senatoronline.org.au/
This is cool, thanks for this story. I'm certainly registering with them. I think with todays technology we're ready to do away with the ugly current system of representation were we merely get to choose our dictator and get a system that more reflects a real democracy.
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Australia senatoronline party!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Australia senatoronline party!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Nup, bad idea,
by warrenrichards10 / October 18, 2007 3:18 PM PDT

Think about it, you wanna trust a political party centred on the net?, the net is a tool not an answer , did the majority view hold sway when they nailed some guy Jesus to a cross?, we nee the human interaction element during this current election, ?see before you buy? and lets be honest, Kevin Rudd is a bit of a smarmy git, (John Howard?s not that much better).

Collapse -
To suggest that a single person..
by Nicholas Buenk / October 18, 2007 4:09 PM PDT
In reply to: Nup, bad idea,

Is more trustworthy than a community is a very authoritarian anti-democratic viewpoint.

Collapse -
To suggest that a,
by warrenrichards10 / October 18, 2007 5:45 PM PDT

Committee made up of random individuals should have the right of seniority over all aspects of all current societies actions is a bit of a ?****? , do you get a panel of electricians preforming brain surgery?, how about a round table of fashion designers designing a nuclear reactor?, ( glowing green IS the new black darling!}.
Modern western society needs a moderator, to separate the ?lets all be vegans!? from the ?lets torture chickens in battery farms?, someone wins, someone whines , that?s life.
Also a single person is more trustworthy ON SOME ISSUES than the community, examples ?, life savers, volunteer carers for the elderly, meals on wheels, the police, what about the Salvos? , in our world there are individuals we trust because they ask nothing in return, John Howard may be a little boring but do you agree he is more ?trustworthy? than Rudd and his strip cub visit?, or Clinton with his ?I did not have relations with that women?, on some issues I trust him on others I?ld watch him closely.

*note, my head hurts after this,

Collapse -
Well...
by Nicholas Buenk / October 18, 2007 6:25 PM PDT
In reply to: To suggest that a,

A strip club visit makes him more trustworthy, it shows he's human. Wink
I disagree society needs a moderator. You need an educator rather. Someone who's able to explain the issues and make sure everyone who's voting understands.

Collapse -
I say moderator, you say educator,
by warrenrichards10 / October 19, 2007 11:25 AM PDT
In reply to: Well...

I say moderator, you say educator, both are interchangeable, as to the more "human" vist to the strip club, no, don't agree mate, if your in the public eye and have the public's trust visting a strip club on goverment time is a no no strip clubs that run by the required laws of the land are fine, most are holes and de humanising toilets that make my skin crawl.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.