TVs & Home Theaters forum


Audio Output Connection for Samsung UE55HU8500

Just setting up the above TV. How do I connect to my existing surround sound amplifier? On previous TV it was a simple phono connection to the L & R audio output channels. I've tried to connect using the "COMPONENT IN/AV IN/AUDIO OUT" adapter, but it doesn't seem to work. Which colours should be connected - there are 2 red, 1 white, 1 blue, 1 green, 1 black and 1 yellow.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Audio Output Connection for Samsung UE55HU8500
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Audio Output Connection for Samsung UE55HU8500
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
That's an incomplete model number.

In reply to: Audio Output Connection for Samsung UE55HU8500

I'll use this model:

Since you didn't reveal what your existing system was I can't give a good answer.

The model I used has optical and a stereo mini-jack. I see no mention of a "COMPONENT IN/AV IN/AUDIO OUT" adapter.

Collapse -
PS. 2 red, 1 white, 1 blue, 1 green, 1 black and 1 yellow.

In reply to: That's an incomplete model number.

Those jacks are RCA INPUTS to the TV. One recurring gaffe are folk that think these can output. They don't.

Popular Forums

Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions


This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.