Samsung forum

General discussion

audio issue with 650

by bcoski / December 15, 2008 11:35 AM PST

i am very frustrated with my Samsung series 6 650. the audio drops out and I constantly hear snap, crakling and popping noises (especially durring news programs and programming with a lot of dialogue). Samsung keeps telling me it's my cable box along with the excellent advice to unplug the set and my cable company keeps telling me it's my TV. I have already been through two motorola cable boxes and the problem persists leaving me to assume it's the Samsung TV I bought that is the problem. Samsung has been less than helpful and the store I puchased the set from in now in bankruptcy.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: audio issue with 650
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: audio issue with 650
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
In warranty?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 16, 2008 7:12 AM PST
In reply to: audio issue with 650

bcoski,

I'm sorry to hear you're having troubles and your frustration.

There are two possible solutions:

1. You can downoad the latest firmware update to see if that fixes the problem - often times, that will do the trick.

2. If your television is still under warranty, why not have a service tech come out and repair your unit?

I want you to be happy with your purchase, and I apologize for the inconveniences you are experiencing.

--HDTech

Collapse -
audio issue with 650
by bcoski / December 22, 2008 11:43 AM PST
In reply to: In warranty?

i will try downloading the "update" but all I really want to do is watch my TV without all this aggravation. actually, why should I be put through the inconvienience? I'll try to have someone come out and fix it if I can ever find a phone number to call. buying this TV has been one big hassle. I will never buy a Samsung TV again. One should never by a hi-tech TV from a company that makes microwaves and refrigerators. what was I thinking?

Collapse -
I can provide...
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 23, 2008 4:10 AM PST

bcoski,

I can appreciate your frustration, but our technology allows us to keep up with the changes that can happen, and that's why we offer firmware updates - because things change and our technology keeps up with it.

Our customer support line is 800-SAMSUNG if you need a technician.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Firmware
by cdemartino / December 16, 2008 7:58 AM PST

Dude firmware update will fix your problem.I swear to god i did the same thing with my cable box returned it 3 times and the problem was still there.customer service was no help to me either.Read my post read the hell i am going through.

Collapse -
firmware 2007.0
by cdemartino / December 16, 2008 8:07 AM PST

* This firmware will correct the following phenomenons some units may experience.

-. Intermittent audio drop out

-. AMP(Auto Motion Plus) stuck
-. do not memorize ''SRS'' setting
-. The audio comes from speaker when loading the CD(Game title)
though ''Internal Mute'' is on(speaker is off)
-. Intermittent shut off and on

* The firmware will be updated to the following version. ''ver 2007.0''

* Please be sure to read the instruction before beginning the update process.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.