Computer Help forum

General discussion

audio hardaware issue...

by cmk325i / April 2, 2007 4:16 PM PDT

i reccently installed a clean xp pro installation on my pc, but after a month or so of using it it started to not have audio on GTA:VC and the game said there was no hardware so it couldn't play the audio, i said myself "it may be a game issue, check it later"
=/
after a week of that suddenly i woke up and turn on the machine one saturday it did not make any sound (only system sounds that I hate)
i checked the device manager and it says there's no hardware for the sound
but my pc is intact as when I reinstalled XP
can anyone help me?
oh and other dell optiplex pc i have here havs the same issue (my nephew said that), and one of my friends has the same problem
it makes me feel angry cuz i am a music lover and i can't hear anything!!!!

Sad

please help
by the way
thnx

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: audio hardaware issue...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: audio hardaware issue...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
audio hardaware issue...
by Stan Chambers / April 3, 2007 3:42 AM PDT

It's likely not a hardware issue, but rather software. After a format and clean install of the OS, you need to install the motherboard drivers for your particular motherboard.

If the soundcard is a pci card, you install the driver for that card. If the soundcard is integrated in the motherboard, go to the motherboard manufacturers website to download the drivers for that motherboard.

Windows will sometimes have the correct driver already installed, but many times they do not. It's left to you to find and install the right one.

Collapse -
deatils details
by cmk325i / April 3, 2007 7:17 AM PDT

the matter is that i already have done a clean reinstall in the same machine (about every 6 months) and this is the first time this happened, and there were sounds and all, but suddenly stopped to work =/

Collapse -
details details
by Stan Chambers / April 3, 2007 9:42 AM PDT
In reply to: deatils details

From the control panel, open Sound and Audio Devices to see if your device is listed there and that the volume is turned up.
Open the volume icon in the startup on the taskbar and check that the volume isn't muted.
Another solution may be to run System Restore to a time when it was working.

Collapse -
SUCCES!!!
by cmk325i / April 3, 2007 2:23 PM PDT
In reply to: details details

actually I tried a lot of solutions but i did found one really simple,
I just uninstalled manually the hardware then reinstalled the driver and hardware.
thnx everyone for the help.
Silly

Collapse -
I have a few things for you to check, on the hardware side
by TechX86 / April 3, 2007 2:32 PM PDT
In reply to: deatils details

One, if your sound card is an expansion card; take the card out and re-seat the card. Also, check the contacts for oxidation, clean the contacts with an electronic contact cleaner; Obiviously, do this with the system unplugged from the electrical outlet, and allow some time to dry, before turning it on.

The other possiblity, is your using the "correct software drivers"; however if a firmware update was done to the card, it will need the lastest software drivers to work correct or again at all.

Creative Lab cards often do this updating for you automaticly, if you allowed the updates to be done. However they should have also done the newest drivers too, something may have gone wrong in updating one or both.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?