Samsung forum

Question

Audio glitch streaming media on samsung UN50F6300FXZA Smart

by Lahlahlah310 / January 1, 2014 4:40 AM PST

Having a very annoying audio issue when streaming media on Netflix, amazon prime, hbo go, etc... through the Samsung smart hub. The audio cuts completely out for a second randomly. Sometimes it will happen 4 or 5 times in a minute, other times it will happen once every few minutes.

Please help and let me know if you need any other info.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Audio glitch streaming media on samsung UN50F6300FXZA Smart
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Audio glitch streaming media on samsung UN50F6300FXZA Smart
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: Audio glitch streaming media on samsung UN50F6300FXZA Sm
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 2, 2014 1:16 AM PST

Hi Lahlahlah310,

Does this happen through the TV speakers or are you connected to a home theater?

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
Sound bar
by Lahlahlah310 / January 2, 2014 3:17 AM PST

I'm playing it through a samsung sound bar. Hw-f550.

Collapse -
Sousnd bar
by Lahlahlah310 / January 2, 2014 2:23 PM PST
In reply to: Sound bar

I just tested the problem using my tv speakers and the problem stopped. So I'm assuming the problem is with my samsung sound bar. How can I fix it?

Collapse -
Same Problem here
by rotaryturbo / January 6, 2014 12:04 AM PST
In reply to: Sousnd bar

I just purchased a UN55F7100AF along with a HW-F550 and I am having this exact same problem. Random pops and such on just about everything. Sometimes even when I am going from menu item to menu item on the tv and such.

Collapse -
Re: Same Problem here
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 8, 2014 4:13 AM PST
In reply to: Same Problem here

Hi rotaryturbo,

I would suggest changing your audio output on the TV to PCM.

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
Re: Sousnd bar
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 8, 2014 3:02 AM PST
In reply to: Sousnd bar

Hi Lahlahlah310,

I would suggest going into your TV's audio settings and change the output to PCM. Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
PCM
by Lahlahlah310 / January 9, 2014 10:14 AM PST
In reply to: Re: Sousnd bar

Just checked and my settings have been on PCM. Any other fixes?

Collapse -
That's the TV setting. Now hunt for the Netflix setting.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 9, 2014 10:29 AM PST
In reply to: PCM
Collapse -
Sound bar
by Lahlahlah310 / January 10, 2014 1:52 AM PST

Gotcha. And just to be clear, the issue is with the sound bar, not the TV, right?

Collapse -
Sorry but it can be debated.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 10, 2014 1:59 AM PST
In reply to: Sound bar

I can't be sure if a change in either would fix this one. But sending more than stereo to sound bars (most makes and models) can result in truly odd results.

It's a shame the makers didn't unify all this and not have us hunting for the settings. Yes, I know, not a good answer.

Hope you find Waldo. I mean, the other settings.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.