General discussion

AUDIO CUTS OUT

I have my DTV hooked up to AV FOR PICTURE & SOUND MY SOUND WILL CUT OUT FOR A SECOND OR TWO FROM TIME TO TIME, I LOOKED ON A WEB SITE IT SAYS I NEED A VOLTAGE INSERTER to fix this problem?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: AUDIO CUTS OUT
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: AUDIO CUTS OUT
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Need more info

What brand & model number receiver do you have?
How long is the HDMI cable your running?

- Collapse -
AUDIO CUTS OUT

I have a Onkyo TX-SR705 about 10-12 ft of HDMI cable

- Collapse -
Ok then no you do not need that thing...

You would need that HDMI cable to be 100 ft to start having problems.

What TV do you have?

Could be a HDCP problem. Do you have a different HDMI cable to test with?
You have a cable box? That could need an update or it could have HDCP problems if it is "old".

Try running the HDMI direct too the TV see if the problem is still there. If it is still there it is either the HDMI cable or cable box.

- Collapse -
My vote's on the DTV box (n/t)

n/t

- Collapse -
Audio cuts out

Good info thanks

CNET Forums

Forum Info