Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

Audio CD burning problems

by eljayeff / July 6, 2013 8:18 PM PDT

I want to copy my music cassette tapes to CD's, having successfully extracted the files using Audacity and exported them as .wav files they are playable on PC with no problems.
When I burn an audio CD in WMP or CyberLink CD/DVD burner even at the slowest selectable speed I am unable to create a CD that will play on my Sanyo DC-X750 DSSS they play on any other PC without problem.
I was able to create playable audio CD's on my old (now died ) PC which had Windows XP OS, I am now on Windows 8 ( if it makes any difference ).
The created files appear to be the same from both systems and the same as shop bought CD's
I would appreciate any advice, but please keep simple I am not very clever with computers.
Thanks in anticipation.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Audio CD burning problems
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Audio CD burning problems
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Files? AudioCD's don't have files.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 7, 2013 2:46 AM PDT

Why not create an AudioCD with something like CDBURNERXP?

If you were tossing wave files on a CD, that's not an AudioCD.
Bob

Collapse -
I am burning them as .cda track/files
by eljayeff / July 7, 2013 4:17 AM PDT

I have used Windows Media Player and CyberLink's Power2go disc burners on audio cd setting and where possible reduced the burn speed and the created files are as .cda files like those on a commercial CD album.
I am happy to try CDBURNERXP to see if it works failing I might invest in one of these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIt_KjOfi7Q

eljayeff

Collapse -
Invest? CDBURNERXP is free.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 8, 2013 3:55 AM PDT

Again, if you are creating FILES, this is not an AudioCD.

I know folk that have gone down this road before and they take a little longer to get their head about the AudioCD creation, but if you put FILES onto a CD, it's not an AudioCD.
Bob

Collapse -
I'm NOT creating files
by eljayeff / July 8, 2013 3:49 PM PDT

I just call them files as the tracks appear as a list of contents
They ARE burned as .CDA tracks.
Further gathered information infers it is a technology problem, ie. not compatible, I do not know any better.

Collapse -
Tracks are not files.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 9, 2013 1:08 AM PDT
In reply to: I'm NOT creating files

As presented and up to your last post you have me thinking you are putting files on the CD.

Given enough time you might figure it out but for now my advice is to create an AudioCD with CDBURNERXP.

After we are sure you have an AudioCD and not a data CD we can start talking about CD players that can't use or read CDR discs. That issue is noted in the CDR FAQ at link to follow.
Bob

-> http://www.cdrfaq.org/faq04.html#S4-23

Collapse -
Further to my post
by eljayeff / July 9, 2013 4:19 PM PDT
In reply to: Tracks are not files.

Thanks for your input.
I have now downloaded CDburnerXP burner program and tried that, still no joy and to confirm the burned tracks are .cda, Again burned at slowest selectable speed, just tried 5 tracks this time.
The tracks are obviously on the CD as can see the recorded / burned area (if the term is correct) and where it finishes.
Same result no play on my DSSS
I have tried the recent burnings again in the case of delayed finalising as in the referred article, No go again.
Other sources believe it is technology conflicts between my new laptop and my old digital sound system.
I would still welcome any constructive thoughts.

Collapse -
As a test.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 10, 2013 3:26 AM PDT
In reply to: Further to my post

Try your new AudioCD CDR in other players. Yes, I read other PCs but what about other audiocd players?

Also I see you have opened other discussions (?)
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-pictures/audio-cd-burning/cc6ada0d-681b-410a-b538-b43364bf51d4
http://qnundrum.com/answer.php?q=735585
http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/Hi-fi-Systems/DC-X750-Digital-Stereo-Sound-System/m-p/1255938

The issue of CDR AudioCDs is well discussed and once in a while you find someone that can't accept their car or such is incompatible with AudioCD on CDR media. We've tried the usual and it appears this is incompatible with CDR media.
Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!