Laptops forum

General discussion

Attention forum members! NEW laptop forums!! Now live

by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / July 8, 2009 9:13 AM PDT

Hello there CNET member,

Starting today, to better serve you, the CNET Laptops forum is now broken down into more specific laptop forum categories to allow for better organization of all laptop discussion topics. This will allow you to easily find the most relevant content that suits your topic of interest, and it will make it easier for you to find the most appropriate forum for you to post your laptop questions. The new laptop forums are:

- Buying advice
- Troubleshooting
- Performance tweaks
- Hardware component & upgrades
- Customizing & modifications
- Tips and tricks
- Gaming laptops
- Netbooks
- Accessories
- Miscellaneous laptop discussions

In addition to these new forums, we have also added a Laptops forum directory page, which will allow you to easily navigate and choose from the various laptops forums.

With these new additions, there will be a few changes to be aware of.

First thing, this current 'Laptops forum' that you are in now, has been renamed "Miscellaneous laptops discussion" forum. This forum will continue to accept posts and new topics, however, going forward, it will be a destination to house all miscellaneous laptop discussions that may not necessarily have a home in one of the newly listed laptop forums; just consider this the general laptop forum.

The second thing is, if you happen to notice that one or more of your discussion threads that you recently created, or have previously participated in, are all of suddenly missing from this forum, it's more than likely that that discuss has been migrated to one of the newly created forums. So please check one of the other forums to see if it exist there. To find the thread, you can also use the forum Advance search to locate that specific thread or check your CNET profile for your forum posts to locate those discussion threads. We do apologize for this inconvenience.

I really hope you all enjoy these changes and they make posting and searching forum topics easier for you. Please feel free to let me know what you think of them. I'm all ears!

Best regards,
-Lee Koo
CNET Community manager

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Attention forum members! NEW laptop forums!! Now live
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Attention forum members! NEW laptop forums!! Now live
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
First timer question
by mpuds1 / July 10, 2009 8:43 PM PDT

Dear Sir, I have subscribed to cnet for quite some time and love the articles and I always tell others in my close network about CNET. But I have never needed to reply to a forum. Consequently, I need help to post a question in a forbootum. I am trying to have a Vista external Hard Drive for my laptop so that I can boot to either the XP or Vista. I have a Dell D610 and it says it can boot to a USB device in the BIOS and everything is all set. Yet when I tell it to boot to the USB, it will not boot to it. Can you please help me Sir? Respectfully, MPuds.

Collapse -
good page
by ccplayers / July 11, 2009 2:19 AM PDT

thanks for your good advices.

have a good summer.

heinz hildebrandt
copenhagen, denmark

Collapse -
New Forums
by rabjunior / July 11, 2009 5:25 AM PDT

This is great! As a so-so puter and tech operator, it really breaks down topics so anyone can research answers to their specific need. Way to go!

Collapse -
New laptp forum
by fjnzvic5 / July 13, 2009 6:32 AM PDT

Great idea, now you can save time and go directly to your problem founding the right answer

Thank you !!

Giorgio

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

GREAT SHOWS WITHOUT CABLE

Get live TV over the internet

Say goodbye to cable -- check out the top five live TV streaming services available now.