General discussion

Attachments from Hotmail ???

I am running Win XP (home) with Outlook Express through high speed internet. When I receive messages from a friend via Hotmail, at their end, with an attachment, I get the message, but the attachment say "text" and when I click on it, all I get is a blank window for Notepad with no text. Why does this happen? I am able to receive all other messages w/attachments from other sources such as Outlook Express, Yahoo, etc. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for your help....

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Attachments from Hotmail ???
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Attachments from Hotmail ???
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Attachments ....

It said "Text", but what did your friend say ? Did your friend really send you an attachment ?

- Collapse -
It's a bug with Hotmail

I have several friends with Hotmail accounts and I get the same thing. I also read about it in a newsletter. Microsoft is aware of the problem but so far, there is no fix.

CNET Forums

Forum Info