Internet Service Providers forum

Rant

ATT DSL

by scalare1 / January 17, 2012 3:44 PM PST

ATT service sucks ! I signed up for 3.0 mbps for 14.95 / mo. and all I get is constant disconnects my last speed check was 143 kbps . I have Netflix and and half of the time I cant even use it ! After 9 mos of complaining my service is getting worse. They are the sleeziest and nastyest people I have ever dealt with . The customer service is abysmal ! I live in Central Florida and I dont have much choice . I moved from New York where I had Verizon FIOS so I guess I am spoiled ! My advice is dont even bother using ATT DSL !

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: ATT DSL
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: ATT DSL
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
and there you have it.
by ahtoi / January 17, 2012 6:06 PM PST
In reply to: ATT DSL

You learn it's not good for streaming. $15 for email and occasional surfing isn't such a bad price. My experience was a little different. I was lucky that I have cable in my area so going from DSL to cable was great. Actually $15 for internet isn't all that bad (as long as it does not get shut down 8 hours at a time). In my case, that's when I say...enough.

Collapse -
Now is when you go here . . .
by Coryphaeus / January 17, 2012 11:24 PM PST
Collapse -
Are you posting to...
by w00zzy / February 2, 2012 12:12 AM PST

Are you posting to complain or are you looking for some possible solutions for your problems? If you want to fix it, post a few more details about specific problems and what's been tried and I'll see what I can do to help. EX: Is your modem resetting or dropping connection then it comes back up? Do you have phone service with it or is it "naked DSL"?

Collapse -
Interesting - not my experience
by saunj227 / February 10, 2012 6:47 AM PST

Funny, they charge me $35 for 3mb. On the other hand, I am getting what I pay for. The internet sometimes gets lost, but the DSL never has disconnected, and if I reboot, it comes up fast. The internet takes somewhat longer. It may be a local matter. I am in San diego, and there is a fiber-optic box at the kern next door.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.