PC Hardware forum

General discussion

ATI Radeon X1900XTX

by CrashT / January 24, 2006 6:52 AM PST

I thought they were supposed to be working on bringing the lower end 1xxx's into the market? I haven't been able to read much about it yet, but it is supposed to be faster than the Nvidia 7800 GTX and in some cases, much faster. Then again, I also read that the 7900 is supposed to be coming out a month after the X1900.. Has anyone else been following this?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: ATI Radeon X1900XTX
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: ATI Radeon X1900XTX
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Newegg has them
by ASBaltazar / January 24, 2006 12:31 PM PST
In reply to: ATI Radeon X1900XTX
Collapse -
Nvidia 7300GS
by ASBaltazar / January 24, 2006 12:40 PM PST
Collapse -
It isn't that much faster
by Bi0-Hazard / January 24, 2006 12:45 PM PST

It is incredibly fast similar to the 512mb 7800GTX. It all depends, with AA/AF on the 1900XTX beat the GTX, but with it off the GTX won.

Collapse -
Also..
by CrashT / January 25, 2006 1:41 AM PST

I also heard that the Nvidia 8xxx's are supposed to be coming out May this year. I'm not sure if that's an actual launch, though.

Collapse -
G71 to come
by jay_wolfx / January 26, 2006 6:07 PM PST

"There have been claims floating around the web that the X1900XTX will out perform nVidia?s 7800GTX 512 GPU but what ATI should really be focusing on is kicking butt against the current high-end GPU from nVidia since the G71 (likely called GeForce 7900) should be coming out around CeBIT time (March 2006) and nVidia are claiming huge performance increases for their next GPU."
This is a direct quote from the TweakTown review of the x1900xtx, just a lil insite on release dates Happy

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?