PC Hardware forum

General discussion

ATI Radeon X1300PRO PCIE Problem

by Tundra / March 19, 2006 10:59 PM PST

I recently purchased an ATI Radeon X1300PRO PCIE card to upgrade my onboard graphics, I unistalled all of the drivers from the onboard graphics and installed the new card. I had lines shooting across the display at boot up and going from the XP screen into the Windows welcome screen and when I would access the Catalyst control for the new ATI card. The graphics themselves were not at all what I had anticipated, I removed the new card again and the drivers and reinstalled the ATI card with the same results. Can anyone help, I am stumped.

Thanks, Bob

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: ATI Radeon X1300PRO PCIE Problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: ATI Radeon X1300PRO PCIE Problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Did you turn off onboard video in BIOS?
by chuckieu / March 20, 2006 4:32 AM PST
Collapse -
Did you turn off onboard video in BIOS?
by Tundra / March 22, 2006 10:33 AM PST

Yes I did turn of the onboard graphics

Collapse -
I had the same problems...
by jrmar07 / March 20, 2006 4:35 AM PST

I had those lines and unstability with my X1300Pro AGP. The combination of the latest drivers and a 450watt power supply solved the problem.

Collapse -
I had the same problems...
by Tundra / March 22, 2006 10:35 AM PST

My PCIE card does not have the PSU connection, I think this is only needed for the AGP card......I could be wrong, I have tried everything and I cannot resolve the issue

Collapse -
I have the Vision Tek ATI radeon 1300 PCIe
by ASBaltazar / March 22, 2006 11:47 PM PST

I did not need to deactivate my onboard graphics because my bios checks the PCIe first.

Go to the ATI site and update the drivers;
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894

Drivers and software > Windows XP drivers and software > Radeon > Catalyst 6.3 Windows XP download

follow the directions. you need service pack 2 and NET Framework installed too.

I had service pack2 and net framework already and I used the uninstaller to remove the old drivers. I have a 300 watt PSU and mine runs fine. But my card is set to it's basic default settings.

Collapse -
I have the Vision Tek ATI radeon 1300 PCIe
by Tundra / March 23, 2006 2:31 AM PST

I have already installed the new drivers from the ATI website and I am still having the same issues, my card is also set to the basic settings. The performance of the card is ok, my complaint is the lines shooting across the display at start-up and shut down

Collapse -
Lines
by ASBaltazar / March 23, 2006 3:07 AM PST

If it's just at startup and shutdown, that's not bad. You may want to try a higher wattage Power supply.

I get flickers and lines sometimes too, I'm looking to upgrade my RAM and Powersupply.

Right now I have 512 MB RAM and 300watt PSU.

Collapse -
Lines
by Tundra / March 23, 2006 9:33 AM PST
In reply to: Lines

I am running 2G of RAM and I have a Antec 350W Smart Tech PSU W/ dual fans, as I have stated before, the PCIE does not have the additional power connector as the AGP so why would I need to upgrade the PSU......I built this complete system 3 weeks ago. I am also getting these lines when I go to the ATI Catalyst Control Center.

Intel P4 2.66 533FSB
Intel MoBo
Realtec onboard sound
2G Corsair XMS DDR RAM
Western Digital 80G HD
Samsung DVD
Emprex CD burner

Bob

Collapse -
My 2 cents
by ASBaltazar / March 24, 2006 12:03 AM PST
In reply to: Lines

It may be an ATI quirk. I get lines and a flicker when I open Catalyst.

Mine may flicker because I have an analog CRT.

Radeon 1300 gets all its power from the PCIE slot, no need for power connection.

I haven't played any games on it yet but this card is way better than the integrated video (ATI Radeon 200 Express). Transitions are smoother and it's a bit faster. Well worth the $99.

Collapse -
My 2 cents
by Tundra / March 24, 2006 1:08 AM PST
In reply to: My 2 cents

I wish it only cost $99, I paid $160 at Circuit city for this card.

I guess I will have to live with the lines and flickering.

Collapse -
BIOS update
by ASBaltazar / March 25, 2006 2:09 AM PST
In reply to: My 2 cents
Collapse -
Same problem with old series
by marisimo / April 23, 2006 4:08 PM PDT

I have the same problem with the X300 in my comp

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?