General discussion

AT&T DSL modems

When my 2Wire Gateway modem burned out (after nearly 7 years of reliable DSL service), I went to Best Buy and purchased a Motorola 2210 DSL Modem because I was told by a sales associate that was the only one authorized to work with AT&T DSL.

The Motorola 2210 modem is a toaster disguised as a modem. And I don't mean a Cylon. It gets hot..very very hot. It also started dropping my connection every half hour requiring me to reboot the modem and computer. I was told by customer service that there might be a line problem causing the drop (so much for wanting to sign up for U-Verse), after being insulted by being asked questions like "is your phone line connected" and "are the cables plugged in properly". I've had DSL since it was available in Dallas so I think we are beyond that. I finally went to Frys Electronics and bought an ActionTec GT724R Modem Gateway and installed it. It stays cool and set up was so easy. It works even better than the 2Wire with my Vonage service AND I haven't had a dropped signal now for months.

Get an ActionTec modem and stay way from that Motorola toaster!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: AT&T DSL modems
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: AT&T DSL modems
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums