Question

ASUS X205T vs the ASUS X205TA laptop

Jan 8, 2020 6:24AM PST

I looked onASUS web site and I can not find any info on these laptops
Dose anyone know the difference between them?

Thanks
Batista230

Discussion is locked

Answer
Follow
Reply to: ASUS X205T vs the ASUS X205TA laptop
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: ASUS X205T vs the ASUS X205TA laptop
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Sometimes
Jan 8, 2020 7:59AM PST

It's a regional variant. If you can't see any difference as to CPU, RAM, HDD etc. then they are functionally identical.

- Collapse -
Regional varieant
Jan 10, 2020 2:28AM PST

Do you mean europe vs the US?

- Collapse -
There are more countries and regions than that!
Jan 10, 2020 8:52AM PST

It's a big world.

- Collapse -
You can even have models...
Jan 10, 2020 10:35AM PST

that are specific for one chain. Then Walmart can have another variant than Bestbuy, both in the USA.

- Collapse -
Thank you Kees.
Jan 10, 2020 10:42AM PST

I forgot that one. The reason for chain specific models is simple. Since the chain has its own model number they can claim it's the lowest price for that model.

- Collapse -
intersting scam
Jan 10, 2020 2:45PM PST

that all be the Tesco vs ASDA brand scam then

- Collapse -
Answer
I know HP used to use something similar to this
Jan 13, 2020 12:57PM PST

using the example X205T would be the model available on HP website which would be configurable and the one with the similar like X205TA would be basically the same model but not configurable that was sold at Best Buy. Best Buy isn't allowed to modify the configurations of the OEM computers Pre-Sale. Now if the customer wanted to add memory or change the hardware configuration it would be a post sale high priced upgrade by the geek squad.

CNET Forums

Forum Info