Attention: The forums are currently placed on Read Only.

Thank you for visiting the CNET forums. Our site is currently undergoing some maintenance. During this period (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT,) you can read the forums content, however posting in the forum will not be available. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Tablets forum

Question

Asus T100-HA Transformer video chat reversed image

by DonRua / July 15, 2016 10:37 PM PDT

I bought this tablet to video chat with my wife overseas. Image was upside down. Are you ready for the WORST service I have ever had?

1. I called tech support. He spent a couple of hours to uninstall/reinstall, to look at this and look at that. We checked the cam, FIXED. Called my wife, image upside down again. I must be doing something wrong. I was too embarassed to call support again. I turned to a tech savvy friend. She tried everything to no avail. I went home. Came across with an article by Asus they they were aware of this video chat image issue. I was upset cos they just wasted my and my friend's time.
2. I called tech support again identifying I knew what they knew. Why did the first guy waste my time like that? Did their left hand knows what their right hand was doing? He put me on-hold 15 minites at a time for 2-3 times. He must have talked to different people there and later admitted that was a software issue that they couldn't be fixed.
He asked me to send product back and they would send me something comparable. 3 weeks later I got an email from service depot. It indicated the camera reversed image was fixed. I had bad feelings. (A) it didn't mention video chat; (B) I was told they didn't have a fix just a few weeks prior.
3. I called for the third time. I told the lady pls dble check they did fix the "video chat" issue, not just a cam issue. She assured me they were aware of it and it was FIXED. I told her if it wasn't fixed I would be very upset. As I suspected, I received the tablet the way I sent to them.
4. I called for the fourth time telling them what they had done to me. I specifically asked, "IS THIS A GAME TO YOU GUYS?" This person asked me to call back the following day. I told him I was thru chasing them for a fix. It would be up to them to put a smile on my face before I contact the media. Nobody called me.
5. Ok, by now I am extremely upset.
I wanted to write the 3 Chinese owners how terrible their company has become. Once upon a time Asus was at the top especially with their 2-year manufacturing warranty where Toshiba and Sony only offered one. I couldn't find their contact info. So I CALLED AGAIN for the 5th time. I filed an official complaint. I thought the next day someone would assure me my problem would go away. Not even close. Nobody contacted me.
6. By now I have invested so much time it is just not me to walk away. So I CALLED again like an idiot that I was. I filed another complaint and demanded immediate attention. I got a confirmation email but 16 days later still nobody contacted me.
7. It has become a habit of me calling them and getting lip service. This time the lady told me a supervisor called me once. He didn't get thru. I asked her what was the company policy when they failed to locate a client by phone. She was speechless. But she managed to read my file and told me play-by-play of what had all happened. She assured me this time someone would call me IMMEDIATELY.
8. FIVE hours later while I was at a restaurant having dinner they called. This chap wanted to trouble shoot over the phone. By now i am convinced nobody at Asus could count their fingers and get the same number twice.
What did I do? Stupid me, stopped my food, got my tablet out, ask the restaurant for its password and let's get to work. We uninstalled. We reinstalled. Didn't we do this once 2 months ago??? Then we had to reboot. I thought I would get more food while we waited. This little mouth piece told me to go back to the table. He wasn't gonna waste his time while I was eating. I lost it on him!!! Anyways, 45 minutes later he admitted he couldn't fix it. He then suggested to reset the entire tablet. It would take a couple of hours. I refused because I am not convinced they know what they are doing.

Can somebody tell me what to do? Thank you in advance.

DonRua

Discussion is locked

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
All that
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 16, 2016 8:21 AM PDT

That's one long story. But the details are missing about the chat app. I just so happen to have an Asus t100t with the 500GB keyboard dock and some Atom CPU. It's on Windows 10 and nothing like that happens.

However there are thousands of posts on many machines about upside down video but here you wrote a lot about the support calls but it may have buried the one detail I needed to look into this. If you post this widely I wish you luck.

Collapse -
Thanx
by DonRua / July 16, 2016 9:10 AM PDT
In reply to: All that

Thanx for the reply. My question is more like what do I do with ASUS. They treated me like a FOOL. Lengthy detail because I am using it as documentation. Who knows how far this thing would go. I will make a point that they can't do this to clients and get away with it.

Collapse -
I may upset you.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 16, 2016 9:20 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanx

App support is not usually included with today's Windows PCs. Even Apple has limited application support. That said if you feel the product is defective and support can't fix it then you move to asking for a refund.

Upside down video in video chats is a classic issue. I know folk today feel that we should not have such bugs but the bugs continue in the hardware and software today.

Maybe it's a setting but I can't find the detail about what app so I can't offer much here.

Collapse -
Asus is a BAD NAME!!!
by DonRua / July 22, 2016 12:22 PM PDT
In reply to: I may upset you.

Hi R.:
You did not upset me at all. If anything, I am upset with myself. VERY UPSET!!! With time and money spent, I feel I can't move back up and certainly not moving forward at all. I am not tech savvy. My job is to pay for the product and their job is to deliver service promised/advertised. I opted not to get a refund from store I bought. IN fact I bought another one just for the interim. Because I am in sales. Refund/return is never a good word. Anyhow. I was told earlier on by one of their techs that it is a software issue that can not be fixed. You seemed to echo the same opinion. If you know it, one tech knew it, how can Asus and its techs not know it? I have been on the phone with tech support endlessly. It is in the depot again for the second time. My problem is (1) I have wasted so much time on it that I can't just walk away now; (2) I can't find an address or phone number to an office that will do more than lip service? (3) Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) is a major measuring tool for a company's success and profit level. Does upper mgmt. of ASUS know their service has gotten me so upset that I am speaking out loud in a public forum? They owe me a machine that works. They owe me an explanation. Most of all they owe me an apology!!!

Collapse -
What if the app is Skype?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 22, 2016 1:02 PM PDT
In reply to: Asus is a BAD NAME!!!

Then it's not an Asus issue but some other company. I didn't want to upset you but had some hope it was some app that I could check up on. As the details and I are not there I wish you the best of luck on this issue.

Collapse -
Answer
try
by renegade600 / July 22, 2016 1:13 PM PDT

disable rotatiing in the tablet settings then turn the tablet up side down Happy

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!