Question

ASUS ROG G751JL Vs MSI GE72 (2QF) Apache Pro 242

I am really confused and I can not decide which model I should buy!

Both have the same price tag of $1299.
But the main difference lies in their specs.
ASUS ROG G751JL
Intel i7 4720HQ
16GB RAM
GTX 965M 2GB GDDR5
Bulkier 4.3Kg

MSI GE72 2QF
Intel i7 5700HQ
16GB RAM
GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5
Lighter 2.69Kg

Main Concerns
Cooling, Build Quality, Screen Quality(Brightness,Outdoor usability), After sales support, battery life(Not so important but at least 3hrs w/o gaming).

I don't care about the weight of the laptop. But the weight and the thickness allows more cooling in which asus is leading the edge. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I'am ready to sacrifice the specs on the msi if their service and quality is not up to the mark.
I have head that msi are worst in their QC.
Please help

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: ASUS ROG G751JL Vs MSI GE72 (2QF) Apache Pro 242
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: ASUS ROG G751JL Vs MSI GE72 (2QF) Apache Pro 242
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
No machine I know gets 3D gaming to over 1 hour.

Even my pretty nice y510p would be stretching it to 3 hours no gaming since it's pretty high end.

I see many asus, msi and more but can't tell you if one is better than the next. The only maker I've been burned by is HP.

- Collapse -
Answer
I would go with the

MSI which should get better battery life since it has the 5th generation processor.

CNET Forums