Laptops forum

General discussion

Asus notebooks

by csully23 / June 17, 2005 5:25 PM PDT

I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about or owns an Asus notebook. Do you like/dislike it? I was looking around in other forums on the net and noticed a bunch of people talking about these notebooks. If someone that has one could let me know what they think of it that would be great. Thanks for the help.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Asus notebooks
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Asus notebooks
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Just be sure...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 17, 2005 11:53 PM PDT
In reply to: Asus notebooks

They have a service and spares group on the continent you live on. You can't imagine the day you need a replacement part like a keyboard and there are none.

Bob

Collapse -
live in the US
by csully23 / June 18, 2005 12:17 PM PDT
In reply to: Just be sure...

I'm sure they do, but that would be another thing I would want to know about. If their service is good, and all that other good stuff that goes along with the actual product.

Collapse -
I didn't find it in the US.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 18, 2005 10:15 PM PDT
In reply to: live in the US

Where is that service and spares depot?

Collapse -
from what i know...
by server / June 19, 2005 1:32 PM PDT

I have a friend who uses an older
model ASUS Laptop. As a Journalist,
she seems to be quite content. Asus has
been around a while and are popular in
Europe and Canada. They just released
a Carbon Fibre model with half decent
specs - http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/334/C4121/

As for parts and warranty, why not just
ask them directly or call up for more info??
http://usa.asus.com/index.htm

Collapse -
Love my ASUS Notebook
by cdschutte / January 26, 2006 11:56 PM PST

I just bought an ASUS W5Ae and really love it. The most solidly built laptop I've ever owned. They're just gearing-up with a retail strategy, but the product seems extremely well done. Highly recommended!

Collapse -
Asus Notebooks
by dummmmy0 / April 28, 2006 4:08 AM PDT

If you haven't already bought a computer yet, then I'll give you my opinion.

I own the Asus A6000 aka A6VC notebook. I mainly use it for Microsoft Office programs and the internet. I do occasionally use it for online gaming such as EverQuest. It seems to handle it pretty well. I guess that you need to choose your computer based on what you are going to do with it. I really like my Asus notebook and I haven't had any problems with it for the nine months that I've owned it.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.