Question

Asus Laptop White "ERROR" Screen

I have an ASUS R500V laptop running Windows 7 64bit.

When I hit the power button to boot up, a command prompt is displayed, reading "Disk 0 is now the selected disk. Partition 4 is now the selected partition."

Following this, I am prompted for Recovery and after that the error screen is displayed.

I am overseas, and do not have a recovery CD. I do have a backup file on and external harddrive.

Please see these photos http://imgur.com/a/XW6Ny for a shot of every screen that is seen during my boot-up.

Any help?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Asus Laptop White "ERROR" Screen
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Asus Laptop White "ERROR" Screen
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Very odd

The strangest thing is the partition 4 message. Not knowing what has been done to the OS, software loads, set up etc, it is really difficult to say what might have created this/these issues. Since you are unable to get to safe mode, f-8 on boot prior to splash screen this might be a toughie without the OS disk(s) or a boot disk. If there is someone where you are with an available system you could look into creating a Win 7 boot disk, preferably using a flash drive, there are a couple of ways to do this including using Linux, a little tricky but doable, just google "Creating Win 7 boot disk with linux" and that should get you there. The very first thing to try (and not that this will alleviate your issue) when dealing with L/T issues, is a basic reset and you may have already tried this, shut laptop off, pull battery out, wait a minute, reinstall battery and restart. This is a basic ram reset than many do as a starting point in case an issue might be memory related, I doubt this will help but I generally do this as a preliminary procedure. I am sure that others will have ideas and may have possibly seen similar issues that might be germane to your Asus and I await commentaries from knowledgeable techs such as Bob Proffit or Kees Baker, they may well have seen this particular problem.

- Collapse -
Answer
If I think about a recent rootkit

CNET Forums