Question

Asus Geforce gtx 560Ti for 50$ - should I get it?

Hey there, this is my first post here.
So I need a GPU for my gaming pc, which currently uses the built in APU, and I want more performance.

So here in Norway I´m now able to get a used " Asus Geforce gtx 560Ti " for only 50$.
Is this worth it?
Can it run GTA V at 1080p while recording without going under 30fps?
Oh, and will it even work at all with my specs?
If I get the Oculus Rift Consumer version, will it even have a chance to run it or would that result in way too low FPS?
Should I wait till February 2016 when Im in the USA on holiday, and buy something new there instead? My budget is like max. 140$ or so.
But since this card was so cheap I just wanted to know if I would be happy with it, so I could save that money instead Grin

My current specs:
AMD A10 6800K @ 4.4GHz
8GB RAM
ASUS F2A85-M LE motherboard
Corsair CX600 Builder series v2 PSU

Please let me know and help out a fellow GPU noob Grin

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Asus Geforce gtx 560Ti for 50$ - should I get it?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Asus Geforce gtx 560Ti for 50$ - should I get it?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
gtx 560Ti

It's certainly going to be much/much better than what you have.

As for gta v and fps it may depend on which features you enable.

- Collapse -
Thanks!

Thanks!
I dont need super high settings but I would like to play it in 1080p, as I now have to play it in aprox. 720p and even then the APU gets VERY hot so I have to cap it at 30fps....

So Medium at 1080 would be great.

- Collapse -
4k for the Rift

Also, would 4K for the Oculus Rift be too optimistic? I mean I´m okay with 40FPS but from what I´ve heard 4k would probably get me more like 15?

- Collapse -
4K hardware looks like this.
- Collapse -
haha okay then

Haha okay then I guess I will have to wait a few years till I can join the VR game with my budget Grin

- Collapse -
Answer
Can it run GTA V at 1080p while recording without going unde

Can it run GTA V at 1080p while recording without going under 30fps?

No. Recording not only taps the GPU but the CPU. While I like A8/10s you are asking for something folk do with say i7's and 970m or better rigs. Why record? It's costly as to hardware to get it right.

- Collapse -
Thanks!

Okay, thanks for the info. I was thinking of maybe uploading some footage to YouTube, thats why Grin But what do you think about recording it in 720p on lowest settings? Would that give me over 30fps?

- Collapse -
You compare the a10 on cpuboss. But it gets worse.

The work to encode and record usually means no. There's so much footage on this game that you would do all this and not increase your following. I'd skip the record but this should run the game OK.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/271590/discussions/0/611703709833120659/ makes a note that some can't even start the game on that GPU. I can't find the article about that at the moment.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PiratedGTA/comments/32y3r3/gta_v_on_gtx_560_ti/ notes some FPS numbers but recording is going to, well, this is my rule of thumb, take 50% off those numbers at times.

- Collapse -
Nice

Okay well its nice to see that people are getting good results (for 50$) with this card. Thanks for taking the time to help me Happy

CNET Forums