Question

ASUS DVD RAM GT51N Disabled at switch on.

I have a new ASUS X73E 17.3-inch Laptop (intel Core i3 2350 2.3GHz) with Windows 7 64bit, everything seemed to work fine after first switch on, but after the first day and after loading some software such as DAZ Studio10, FL Studio 4.5, and some others all from downloads from Web, the internal DVD RAM GT51N is always disabled at switch on and have to enable it , have tried Update Driver and Uninstall in the Device Manager + reboot, but the same problem happens, its starting to get very annoying, but at least it works when enabled, please can anyone help.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: ASUS DVD RAM GT51N Disabled at switch on.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: ASUS DVD RAM GT51N Disabled at switch on.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
A couple thoughts

1) In BIOS is the drive listed in the boot priority list? If so is there an option of something like: Plug and Play OS
2) Check to see if the graphics card isn't damaged.
3) It could be a IRQ conflict, make sure that the drive is not sharing the same channel with another device.
Hit me up if you have any questions on my reply

- Collapse -
Answer
Re: DVD disabled

First reset the BIOS to default values. Just in case you accidentally change it.

If that doesn't help, the best way to find out is:
1. Go back to factory conditions from the Windows 8 reset or refresh options, the recovery media you made or the recovery partition. If it still doesn't work as it should work, it's a warranty issue.
2. If it works now gradually reinstall all that software you installed from the original disk(s) or from the setup program you downloaded (and saved on your hard disk and copied to your backup media). After each install try if it still works. If not, uninstall the last program, because it's likely to cause the issue.

Kees

CNET Forums