Question

Asus AC2600 Wired Connection/Ethernet Settings

I am in the process of designing my wired network/Ethernet. I got the Asus AC2600 but don't plan on using the wireless connection. I am looking for detailed and specific settings for the wired connection. I am listing the following areas that I have questions, whether the settings would be required for the wired connection or not. I reviewed the user guide and picked those sections for now that I think may or may not affect the wired connection.

The guide for the AC2600 describes in details about establishing the physical wired connection but then describes about the wireless settings for the wireless connection for the rest of the guide.

Configuring the General Settings
From the navigation panel on the left side of the Web GUI, right below where it says “General”, there is an option for the “Network Map” screen. From this option, to the far right there are 2 tabs to configure the following for the wireless dual bands:
-SSID,
-Security level
-Encryption settings

For wired connection, this is not required. Is this correct?

--------

For wired connection, does AiProtection apply?

When scanning for the Network Protection, will the Router Security Assessment display results for the wired connection?

From the “Router Security Assessment” page, will the “Secure Your Router” selection work with wired connection?

--------

From the navigation panel, right below where it says “AiProtection”, there is an option for the “Traffic Manager” settings. From this option, there is the “QoS” tab:
“Quality of Service” lets you set the bandwidth priority and manage network traffic.

Do the bandwidth priority settings apply to the wired connection? Are bandwidth settings only for dual bands and not wire connection/Ethernet?

Configuring the Advanced Settings
From the navigation panel, right below where it says “Advanced Settings”, there is an option for the “Wireless” settings. From this option, there are several tabs:
-General
-WPS
-WDS
-Wireless MAC Filter
-RADIUS Setting
-Professional

Which tab requires settings to be filled in to configure the wired connection?

-------------

Below the “Wireless” option, there is the “LAN” option. From this option, there are several tabs:
-LAN IP
-DHCP Server
-Route
-IPTV
-Switch Control

-----------

Below the “LAN” option, there is the “WAN” option. From this option, there are several tabs:
-Internet Connection
-Port Trigger
-Virtual Server / Port Forwarding
-DDNS
-NAT Passthrough

-----------

Below the “VPN” option, there is the “Firewall" option. From this option, there are several tabs:
-General
-URL Filter
-Keyword Filter
-Network Services Filter
-IPv6 Firewall

Discussion is locked
Answer
Follow
Reply to: Asus AC2600 Wired Connection/Ethernet Settings
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Asus AC2600 Wired Connection/Ethernet Settings
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Re: settings

If you don't use the wireless part, just turn it off in stead of configuring it. The wired part should work without any specific configuration.

And why didn't you buy a wired router if you don't need wireless? https://www.google.com/search?q=wired+router shows they exist.

Post was last edited on March 22, 2019 1:50 AM PDT

- Collapse -
Noob here...

The idea started when wanting to replace the Cisco Linksys Factory Refurbished M20 Valet Plus Wireless N Router - 802.11b/g/n that was bought in 2011 and to upgrade to a router with latest and greatest features. I decided on this Asus router.

After surfing and reading more articles about wireless network security to make the router more secure, I stumbled on a few articles about the wired connection and how it would be faster and more secured. I started reading the Asus user guide to configure the router after receiving it and saw that it said that you could configure either wired or wireless.

That was when I changed my mind and wanting to configure it as wired. I then started reviewing more the user guide and it didn’t describe any settings for the wired connection.

Noob here so wanting to be thorough; no way wanting to make things worse than it should be.

I wish I could have been that smart and bought the wired router.

CNET Forums