Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

assassins creed sound mystery

hi all
I've recently loaded assassins creed on my computer, when i play the game i have no dialogue between the characters. I have all the sound effects but no dialogue, i don't know if that's the way the game is meant to be , but if anyone has played the game i would like to hear from you to see if this is normal. Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

tanks
jafa 2000

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: assassins creed sound mystery
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: assassins creed sound mystery
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Is This A Windows 95 Computer??

In reply to: assassins creed sound mystery

Unfortunately, you've given us no information about your computer and what type of hardware you have installed. It's tough to provide much help without such information. Desktop/laptop? Processor speed? Amount of RAM installed? Age of computer? Turned off your popup blocker if you're using your browser to play the game?

Tried checking the game's website for the answer? Installed any patches that the game requires?

http://www.ubireg.com/uk/

A quick check of the online game site shows a variety of discussions between the characters, but I don't play the game using the installed version.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
windows xp

In reply to: Is This A Windows 95 Computer??

hi all
Thanks Grif for your speedy reply,
i'm running a desktop with an asus m2n sli delux mobo, amd dual core processor at 3.2 gig, 2gig corsair 8500 mem, geforce 8800gts video card and a wd 72 gig raptor.
I've tried the website for any patches but to no avail.
I'll try what you suggested and turn my popup blocker off and see what happens.
I'll keep you posted

thanks
jafa2000

Collapse -
I have the same problem.

In reply to: windows xp

I just downloaded Assassins Creed off of Steam and I am having the same problems with there being no dialogue. I am running windows xp pro and have an Asus m2n, AMD athlon 64 x2 2.81 5600+, 8600 gts, WD 500gb hd, 2gb ram.

Collapse -
this worked for me.

In reply to: windows xp

Start -> Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio Devices -> Audio -> (Under Playback) Advanced -> Performance Tab -> Drag the Hardware Acceleration Bar down till it says "Basic"

Collapse -
sound ok

In reply to: this worked for me.

hi all,
ive tried what you said quayot and it works fine now, i appreciate your advice thanks

jafa 2000

Collapse -
Windows 7 2010

In reply to: sound ok

for people having this problem NOW in 2010 with assassins creed 2 my personal fix on WINDOWS 7 haven't tried on any other OS, was starting a new game, once main char gets off the animus and you can run to the woman and hear footsteps, reload your game and the sound effects should be back. I dunno if it helps but: I deleted the new fresh game save I had just made before loading my old one.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.