Asrock Z170 Extreme 4
G Skill Ripjaws 8gbX2 DDR4 2400Mhz
Samsung Evo 500GB SSD
Asus GTX 1080
CM Hyper 212X Cooler
Seagate 1TB HDD
Seasonic M12-II 750W PSU
Corsair Obsedian 450d

In Cabinate: when powered up Dr. Debugger shows 00 error code, CPU fan keeps on spinning, chasis fans keep on spinning, and nothing happens, just the 00 erro code

On Test Bench: when power button on MOBO is pressed, the cpu and chasis fan power up for a fraction of secong. Dr, debugger shous 00 error code for and instance and tets unit shuts down.

How to know if the CPU is faulty or the mobo????

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: AsRock Z170 Etreme 4 shows 00 error code
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: AsRock Z170 Etreme 4 shows 00 error code
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Is it plugged in?
- Collapse -
Answer
My nod is motherboard.

In decades I've found 98% or more motherboard failures over CPU failures. That is unless the owner tells me they overvolted the CPU then the nod is to the CPU.

-> In parting all those parts are not required for testing. All I need is some cardboard, motherboard, CPU+HSF, one stick ram and PSU. No case or what else is on that list. I can imagine some techs still don't know this sort of testing.

- Collapse -
Answer
Error 00

The manual talks about resetting the cmos......that's free.

Then you replace the cmos battery......that's a few bucks and easy to do.

Then you move into make it smaller.

On cardboard.....psu + mobo + cpu/hsf.

If that does not power up your down to 3 parts.

CNET Forums