Laptops forum

Question

aspire switch 10 upgrade

I need product specs and is it possible to upgrade my acer aspire switch 10 to .8-12 gb ram,intel i7 over clock able processor,2-4 gb dedicated vram and a battery with nearly triple power what do I need to get done to have these kinda specs on my acer asp switch 10.are there any tuts on the web.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: aspire switch 10 upgrade
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: aspire switch 10 upgrade
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: upgrade

In reply to: aspire switch 10 upgrade

The specs should be on the Acer site, in most reviews, possibly on the site of the shop where you bought it, and for a small part in the documentation that came with the unit (these tend to be rather general, and describe several different models in one document). What did you find already, and what information are you missing.

If not in these sources, try crucial.com for information about the possible configuratiosn of RAM.

Changing the processor, the video RAM and the battery into one that has a three times larger capacity is much more difficult, if not impossible. But why did you buy such an underpowered laptop?

Kees

Collapse -
Answer
Nod to Kees.

Crucial seems to the go to for RAM and now SSDs.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
NO GO ON CPU UPGRADE!

The CPU is an Atom and soldered onto the motherboard. You can throw that idea out the window.

The RAM and SSD can be upgraded. It looks like this officially supports 8gb of RAM. I have seen units where you can double this unofficially with mixed results but you can do 8gb.

Unfortunately this is a lower end unit meant to be low cost, not a performance powerhouse. Use it for what it is. It will never be a gaming computer.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.