General discussion

Arrrrrgh 7 or 10

Hi all,

I'm in the process of buying a budget tablet! Up until now I've only considered at 7 inch model (because of price) and I'd set my sights on the highly rated nexus 7.

While looking the other day I came across an offer for the Samsung Galaxy tab2 10.1 which would mean a cost of £220.

Now if you read the reviews for both models it sounds like theirs only 1 winner! But is it as simple as that? The nexus is reviewed as a £200 tablet but the Galaxy is reviewed as a £450 tablet!

So basically what I'm asking is your opinions on weather an averagely rated £450 tab will be better than a well rated £200 unit?

I would be using it for basically messing around on, odd books, music, streaming (sky go) browsing, games the usual really.

I really need all the help I can get because I change my mind every day! I'm dreading making the wrong choice!!

Please help
Mark

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Arrrrrgh 7 or 10
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Arrrrrgh 7 or 10
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I have boh sizes

And find myself back to the laptop except for demoing our tablet apps. Maybe I'm not into tablets enough that I would find them attractive to carry instead of a small laptop but I find them a bit too limited.

With that out of the way, the 7 inch is a treat when using it for music and odd books. For video I no longer bother as it's not as good as the HDTV.
Bob

- Collapse -
Cheers

Thanks for the reply.

I do have a laptop which I'll still use for anything taxing! The tablet is mainly just as a toy, and as daft as it may sound I'm planning on using it in bed! To do a bit of reading/surfing/games and streaming. I just can't decide if for the same money the tab 2 10.1 is a better machine.
Thanks
Mark

- Collapse -
At the office, getting the Nexus 7 from google.

Why? It's "the" tablet to target. It's a shame the current Kindle Fire doesn't have bluetooth serial port profile or we'd have that one in the collection.
Bob

CNET Forums