Question

Arris TG1672 Wireless Extender Mode

Hello all

I currently have Time Warner Arris TG1672 and its working good so far. I notice that in my daughters room the signal is weak and I was trying to connect my old Netgear wndr3400 as an extender. I have search the internet over and over for solutions on how to make them work (speak to each other), but I cant figure it out.

Can someone please help me setup this.
I am tryuing to use my Arris TG1672 router modem to send signal to my netgear wndr3400 wireless so that I can plugin a printer in my daughters room along with her laptop and still use the TG1672 in the living room.

any suggestions will be greatly apreciated.
Thank You.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Arris TG1672 Wireless Extender Mode
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Arris TG1672 Wireless Extender Mode
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
That's no moon.

Or rather extender. http://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/wifi-routers/WNDR3400.aspx#tab-support and all indications it's a router.

HOWEVER I would try to use it as a WAP. HOW TO USE A ROUTER AS A WAP is all over the web so configure it was a WAP and run an Ethernet cord to this router as a WAP then move it closer to that area. You may want to put it up as an 802.11g mode since otherwise you may suffer channel overlap.
Noted: Edited for spelling error.

Post was last edited on September 26, 2015 1:59 PM PDT

- Collapse -
Link only.

CNET Forums