Forum Feedback & Announcements forum

Resolved Question

Are we glitching today?

by itsdigger / January 12, 2015 4:46 AM PST

I went into My Tracked Discussions and don't seem to have any . I tried with 3 different OS's and 2 different browsers, Chromium and FF. I Also disabled Adblock Plus

itsdigger has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Are we glitching today?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Are we glitching today?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by itsdigger

Collapse -
Good News!! This should be fixed now.
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / January 13, 2015 1:23 PM PST

Your tracked discussions should be back now. And notifications should resume. Please let me know if you notice anything out of the ordinary.

Sorry everyone for the inconvenience and disruption.

Collapse -
It's working just fine now
by itsdigger / January 14, 2015 12:25 AM PST

Thanks Lee

Collapse -
(NT) Thanks Digger for letting me know!
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / January 14, 2015 3:30 AM PST
Collapse -
Yup we are glitching!
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / January 13, 2015 2:33 AM PST

We have been having problems with our newsletters deliveries, alert deliveries, and forum tracked discussions systems since Monday morning. We had some hardware failures at the farms and it's a bad one.

Our team has been working on it and it may all not be kosher until this evening (1/13). I have my fingers crossed.

We do apologize for any inconvenience!

Note: This post was edited by a forum moderator on 01/13/2015 at 10:34 AM PT

Collapse -
Ah huh!
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / January 13, 2015 4:04 AM PST
In reply to: Yup we are glitching!

That explains it then.

I thought it was me. Thanks Lee. put my mind at rest. Happy

Collapse -
I double posted due to this
by James Denison / January 15, 2015 4:01 AM PST
In reply to: Ah huh!

in SE. I hope it's fixed soon.

Collapse -
this is what I get
by James Denison / January 15, 2015 4:02 AM PST
In reply to: Yup we are glitching!
Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

But then I reload the thread and it's posted
Collapse -
If by any chance you're using the Blur add on with Linux
by Steven Haninger / January 16, 2015 6:16 AM PST
In reply to: this is what I get

The "Submit Post" button doesn't work properly. The post is submitted but you don't get the acknowledgment that it has been sent. "Blur", I guess, is similar to DNT+ (Do Not Track Plus) so something in the Cnet software must be feeling slighted.

Collapse -
I don't use that
by James Denison / January 16, 2015 3:26 PM PST

It's doing OK today

Collapse -
Uh Oh
by itsdigger / February 10, 2015 2:04 AM PST

I keep breaking Cnet again Cry

Collapse -
(NT) Me too!
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / February 10, 2015 2:23 AM PST
In reply to: Uh Oh
Collapse -
Lee alerted this a while ago.
by Dafydd Forum moderator / February 10, 2015 2:44 AM PST
In reply to: Me too!

Engineers are working on it.

Collapse -
Same problem here
by wpgwpg / February 10, 2015 2:55 AM PST

I guess those engineers aren't exactly getting in a hurry. Sad This has been going on for a month. I just had to close my browser & restart for the umpteenth time.

Collapse -
This should be fixed now.
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / February 10, 2015 6:09 AM PST
In reply to: Same problem here

Pages are loading a lot faster.
Today's site problem not only affect the CNET forums but the entire CNET site.

What has been going on for a month, wpgwpg? Can you help me out by telling me specific what you are experiencing?

We had problems with the track discussions which is a separate system than the forums itself, but that was a while ago Jan 12th and that was resolved on the 13th.

Please let me know so I can investigate. I haven't experienced any issues.

Collapse -
OK, here's what I've been seeing
by wpgwpg / February 10, 2015 6:36 AM PST

For the last couple of weeks when entering text here, suddenly everything in my browser freezes, I can't type anything. Sometimes I could scroll up or down then back to where I was trying to type, and it would work for a few minutes, then do it again. Sometimes I'd have to cancel the browser (IE11 under Windows 7) and start back over again. This meant repositioning 6 tabs and signing back on of course. Sometimes I could copy the address and paste it into another browser (Firefox 35.0.1) and finish what I'd started typing, but of course this meant I'd have to sign on again. Speaking of signing on, it always asks if I want it to remember my ID and password, I always tell it yes, but it never does. Sometimes the window here just turns black and freezes. This morning it just totally froze IE11, I couldn't click the red X, I couldn't cancel it from the task bar, I had to start the Task Manager and cancel it from there.
I know IE is buggy, but I use IE for MS forums too (separate tabs) and have never seen these things happen there. When I try using Chrome on my laptop (where I do most of my forum access), my temperatures jump 25 degrees C. This only happens with Chrome (which I do use on my desktops). I start 6 other tasks with Firefox and don't want to use it for forums.
Often I can't highlight text (using the mouse) - it's happening right now. A lot of times I can't insert emoticons. That's also the case right now.
I am behind both hardware and software firewalls, I'm using the Norton Security Suite I get from Comcast, and I run MalwareBytes (free version) every week or two. I haven't seen any sign of malware any time recently. I keep up to date with Windows 7 updates from MS.
The OP in this thread was on 1/12/15, just about a month ago. Anyhoo that's my story. Let me know if I can provide any more info.

Collapse -
It's fixed here Lee
by itsdigger / February 10, 2015 7:16 AM PST

Glad I'm not having wpgwpg's problems , I only use FF.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?