General discussion

are they compatible?

i have updated norton360 version3.0 to 4.0,but due to recent messages of my pc being infected i dont understand why they are all getting through!as i dont go on adult sites but have tried to watch latest films on sites like movie father and ov etc... anyway i downloaded malwarebytes antimalware which was great, and now have downloaded SAS and ccleaner are they ok to be on the same system and how often do i need to run them and when and which at certain times?Also a address bar has appeared on my task bar which before i ran the ccleaner said in it `C/computerexercise and when click on it shows its a file as shortcut after it but when press on it or try and open it nothing happens! why has this bar appeard?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: are they compatible?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: are they compatible?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Yes, You Can Use All The Tools You Mentioned.. As Long As

...they aren't all running realtime in the background. Since the free versions of Malwarebytes and SuperAntispyware only work as on-demand scanners, you should be fine.

As to how often they need to be used.. That depends on your surfing habits.. Run one each day and see what turns up.. If you don't find anything, then extend it to once a week.. After you become a little more aware of the signs of an infected computer, you might change to a longer period but routine scanning is usually a good idea.

The address bar is gone because CCleaner probably removed the main program executable.. Since the shortcut is still there but the program itself is gone, then it won't run.. Try deleting the shortcut from the toolbar and you should be fine.

Hope this helps.

Grif

- Collapse -
thanks

thank you!

CNET Forums

Forum Info