Speakeasy forum

General discussion

ARE THE DEMOCRATS READY TO PROTECT THIS COUNTRY, OR NOT?

by Mark5019 / September 7, 2006 11:10 PM PDT

A little drama is also unfolding in Washington over the National Security Agency's wiretap program. Careful attention to this drama clearly shows that Democrats are much more consumed by their hatred of George Bush, and their desire to return to power inside the Beltway, than they are over the threat of future Islamic terrorist attacks on our country.

There is a proposal to take the 29 lawsuits that now exist against the wiretap program and have the FISA court (Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act) decide whether the wiretaps were legal or not. Now this sounds like a reasonable approach, does it not? The lawsuits, filed by Democrats and leftist groups, claim that the wiretaps were illegal. They file 29 different lawsuits. Here comes a proposal to take all 29 fact situations and present them to a duly constituted court, as well as to the Justice Department, to see if they pass muster .... and the Democrats say no.

Why do Democrats oppose this proposal? Because they're afraid. They're afraid that the FISA Court might actually rule that the wiretaps were absolutely legal in the first place, that no law was broken. To the Democrats it is more important to carry on their demonization of George Bush than it is to join with the rest of this country in fighting Islamic fascism and protecting our homeland. The return to power in Congress and the White House is Democrat job number one. We're left to wonder where on that list they've place the defense of our country and the safety of our citizens from Islamic terrorist attack.

Yesterday ...after the Democrats succeeded in turning aside Arlen Specter's proposal to submit the 29 lawsuits to the Justice Department and the FISA court, Democrat Senate Leader Harry Reid, standing alongside Hillary Clinton, actually stood before a press conference and said that it is the Republicans who are playing politics with national security.

The Democrats don't want a court to review the 29 wiretap lawsuits because they're afraid that the courts will side with the president, and its the Republicans who are playing politics with national security. Who's writing this stuff for them, Larry the Cable Guy?

Then the 2008 Democrat presidential candidate makes here appearance ... none other than Hillary Clinton herself! Hillary is there to present the great Democrat six-point plan for defending America.

very interesting

http://boortz.com/nuze/index.html

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: ARE THE DEMOCRATS READY TO PROTECT THIS COUNTRY, OR NOT?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: ARE THE DEMOCRATS READY TO PROTECT THIS COUNTRY, OR NOT?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Typical partisan hatchet job, Mark.

And let me ask you this fundamental question -- if we're not a nation of laws, what's the difference between us and Russia, China, or Korea? Bush, gonzslez et al. would destroy America to save it, much like that infamous colonel's oxymoron about a village in South VietNam.

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
Nation of lawyers
by marinetbryant / September 7, 2006 11:19 PM PDT

And what part of "illegal immigrant" do you not understand. Seems there are those that the laws of the nation apply to and those that they do not apply to.

Tom

Collapse -
they want the illeagles to vote
by Mark5019 / September 7, 2006 11:22 PM PDT
In reply to: Nation of lawyers

the dimocrats are desperate.

dk has selective laws to beleave in

Collapse -
dk
by Mark5019 / September 7, 2006 11:21 PM PDT

why did they block the montion to have that court opinion about wire taps?

Collapse -
If we're a nation of laws, DK
by TONI H / September 7, 2006 11:21 PM PDT

Why won't the Dems and possible future President H.Clinton allow the 29 cases to be reviewed and judged upon by this Justice Department and the FISA court?

This IS a partisan hatchet job, DK....and it's NOT the Reps doing it.

TONI

Collapse -
toni he wont evan read it corectly
by Mark5019 / September 7, 2006 11:23 PM PDT

hes so biased
if theres a god and he walked up to dk dk wouldnt beleave it:(

Collapse -
More BS...
by EdH / September 7, 2006 11:38 PM PDT

do you never run out?

Show me where Bush, et al have broken the laws or compromised them. It's nonsense.

Pure slander to say they are destroying America.

Considering your opinion that laws can be enforced selectively depending on how you feel about them, your commment is rather hypocritical.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Your header applies to the root post, Ed!
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / September 7, 2006 11:47 PM PDT
In reply to: More BS...
Collapse -
no dk he pointed at the right header
by Mark5019 / September 7, 2006 11:48 PM PDT

your just unreal

Collapse -
Nope. It applies to your BS.
by EdH / September 7, 2006 11:54 PM PDT

Truth hurts, don't it?

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) What's that? I'm rubber and you're glue? Sophisticated
by dirtyrich / September 8, 2006 12:07 AM PDT
Collapse -
I doubt he even read my post...
by EdH / September 8, 2006 12:28 AM PDT

So, here it is again, free of charge if you are still reading, DK..

Show me where Bush, et al have broken the laws or compromised them. It's nonsense.

Pure slander to say they are destroying America.

Considering your opinion that laws can be enforced selectively depending on how you feel about them, your commment is rather hypocritical.

Any response?

Collapse -
I agree! The Democrat claims & objections are pure BS!
by Kiddpeat / September 8, 2006 8:40 AM PDT

It's too bad the Dems won't fight as hard for the country as they do for their power, perks, bennies, and payoffs.

Collapse -
FISA is establsihed by those laws you cite
by dirtyrich / September 8, 2006 1:06 AM PDT

and is fully empowered by those laws to judge matters such as the wiretaps. Your post reveals how little you either 1-care or 2-know about US law.

Maybe since you're asking a "fundamental" question, you should go back and study your fundamentals before you take a position. Nothing more sad than an individual standing up for something he knows so little about.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) thats never stoped dk b4 nor will it now
by Mark5019 / September 8, 2006 1:09 AM PDT
Collapse -
Sounds familiar...
by J. Vega / September 8, 2006 4:08 AM PDT

Dave, you said, "Typical partisan hatchet job, Mark". In the thread about the ABC 9/11 show you said, "Another partisan hatchet job". Is this your new all-purpose buzz phrase?

Collapse -
When you have nothing worthwhile to say, depend on
by dirtyrich / September 8, 2006 7:14 AM PDT
In reply to: Sounds familiar...

snappy catchphrases. Politicians and the media have relied on this technique for many, many years.

Collapse -
Otherwise called mantras, and intended to drive out
by Kiddpeat / September 8, 2006 8:42 AM PDT

all conscious and/or rational thought.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I didn't see anything about abandoning law.
by Kiddpeat / September 8, 2006 8:36 AM PDT
Collapse -
Political power is first and foremost.
by Kiddpeat / September 8, 2006 8:35 AM PDT

The DNC cannot survive without it. The nation's welfare and survival are strictly secondary.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Mark's favorite writer of fiction again. RTB
by Ziks511 / September 9, 2006 1:56 AM PDT
Collapse -
is it fiction rob?
by Mark5019 / September 9, 2006 2:56 AM PDT

but then your the authority on fiction i mean your version of history:)

wouldnt want to say you dont know squat as its evident by your own retoric.
off on a tangent again rob shame se is so much nicer when you arent

Collapse -
Hey, Mark...
by EdH / September 9, 2006 6:03 AM PDT
In reply to: is it fiction rob?

Just who IS this RTB, who is your favorite writer of fiction?

Collapse -
rob tends to think hes an authority on history
by Mark5019 / September 9, 2006 6:22 AM PDT
In reply to: Hey, Mark...

he could go back in time to change things he would still get it wrong:)

and when he replys there long and boreing

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?