HolidayBuyer's Guide

Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

archos 605 wifi need help!!!

by omightyk / January 27, 2008 2:21 PM PST

i am having some video problems.
i am able to put some .avi videos on my archos 605 and able to watch them. but when i try putting naruto (its also an .avi video) on it, it only plays like 9 seconds of it. while my other movies play the whole length.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: archos 605 wifi need help!!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: archos 605 wifi need help!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
o yea
by omightyk / January 27, 2008 2:28 PM PST

i also have the cinema and the video plugins on it.

Collapse -
(NT) try using PocketDivXEncoder
by JonTitor / January 28, 2008 7:59 AM PST
Collapse -
Sounds like an encoding issue...
by TMT904 / January 29, 2008 12:21 AM PST

Try checking the size of the file and make sure the entire file was transferred to your Archos. If the entire file is there, make sure it was formatted correctly. If it was done the same as your other .avis, then the file may be getting corrupted in transfer, which has been an occasional problem by some users.

I use Dr Divx pro to encode my ripped DVDs into .avi/DIVX. Has worked like a charm for all my Archos products. Let me know if you're problem has been resolved.

Joe

Collapse -
i tried
by omightyk / January 29, 2008 6:10 AM PST

it still dont work and i dont know what to do. none of my naruto videos or my bleach videos will work on it. i transfer them in but i can only view around 10 seconds. the archos tells me how long the video is but i cant view it all. any suggestion?

Collapse -
Okay...
by TMT904 / January 29, 2008 7:07 AM PST
In reply to: i tried

I assume you are doing the converting of your video...is this correct? Or are you downloading your video from another site? Obviously, if some of your videos work, they were converted correctly. If you have been doing your own, are you using the same program and settings. Is it just the anime that isn't working? If you are downloading the video, you are at the mercy of the person that converted it....there are so many conversion settings that do not work with Archos products.

There are specific settings that your video .avi must conform to so they will play correctly...even down to the audio.

Let me know,
Joe

Collapse -
by JonTitor / January 29, 2008 8:04 AM PST
In reply to: i tried

PocketDivXEncoder has Archos presets
its worth a shot

Collapse -
Naruto and bleach
by yoda_1204 / February 25, 2008 2:46 AM PST

A question first.
are the naruto's and Bleach's episodes from [DB] ?

If so I am working on the same issue.

I can run the Divx Converter on the naruto episodes and they will play all of the way through, BUT it will not show the bottom english subtiles.

I have also tried the Archos Divx convert utility (that is free at www.archos.com). The converter plays the whole episode BUT again without the english subtitles.

So I got part of it working so far.

Collapse -
Naruto and bleach
by juggiman / March 25, 2008 2:56 PM PDT
In reply to: Naruto and bleach

If you have the other archos plug in for video podcast you can use imtoo ipod video converter or winavi MP4 video converter. Depending on the speed of your computer you can transcode one anime episode in 5-10 minutes with basically the same exact frame rate. Yes the problem is Dattebayo fansubs and the way they encode the Naruto and Bleach episodes. I think it is the way they encode in general because almost all other subbers play perfectly fine on my archos.

Collapse -
The issue with Naruto and Bleach [DB] AVI
by SkullAlpha / May 28, 2008 12:54 PM PDT
In reply to: Naruto and bleach

The avi container has compressed audio...

You need to uncompress the audio track...
Use MPEG4 Modifier...

Subtitles are fully viewable if you view in original format...

Collapse -
archos 605
by rpggod / April 10, 2008 7:39 PM PDT

use virtualdub.

open the file with virtualdub and set the video and audio for direct stream copy.

it takes about 1 minute.

that is what i do with my bleach files and it work fine

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.