HolidayBuyer's Guide

Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

Archos 605 and the Xbox 360

by HungryD33 / September 24, 2007 12:17 PM PDT

So I'm a bit curious. I LOVE the visualizer on the 360, and I really enjoy listening to my music on my 360, but I've had a few issues with it and my mp3 players.

Originally my Creative Zen Micro worked for the 360, but it didn't organize any of the songs by Albums or Artists so I had about 800 songs on random play. Next came the Ipod, and ofcourse because of that copyright junk, I couldn't play any of those songs either!

Now I'm just trying to decide on a new mp3 player. I've already heard that the Creative Vision M is very compatible with the 360, but with the new discount on the Archos 605wifi I'm taking it in to consideration also.

Has anyone tried plugging their Archos into the 360? I just want to be able to access the music from the Archos in categories (albums, artists etc, whatever you would find on the actual mp3 player) and not have a huge delay when listening to the songs.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Archos 605 and the Xbox 360
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Archos 605 and the Xbox 360
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Bump
by HungryD33 / October 3, 2007 1:20 PM PDT

Anyone know? I really don't want to buy this mp3 player and not have it work with my 360.

Collapse -
requirements?
by JonTitor / October 3, 2007 2:08 PM PDT
In reply to: Bump

I'm not big on Xbox's, do you know what it need to connect to a 360?
the 605 comes in MTP and UMS modes so it's compatible with just about every operating system
but don't know about the Xbox

Collapse -
archos again
by HungryD33 / October 4, 2007 6:20 PM PDT
In reply to: requirements?

Well, since it's microsoft, I'm guessing it uses something similar to what a PC would use. For my previous mp3 players, I just plugged them into the usb ports and let 'er fly.

I'm not too worried about it not working (though that would suck), but rather the whole organizing and lagging thing. It really bugged me with my creative zen.

Collapse -
should work
by JonTitor / October 5, 2007 2:24 AM PDT
In reply to: archos again

if Zen worked, the Archos should too

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.