Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

Archos 604 TV Recording Timer Scheduling

Just bought an Archos 604 WiFi and I am having problems with the TV Scheduler. According to the manual, once I have set up and validated my record times, I should have a meno option to save all programs. I know it is hooked up correctly because I have recorded from the cable box (just not with the timer). After I validate the program and it shows a check next to the program, all I get are the same menu options that I had before but not a save.

Any ideas? Is it possible my docking station is malfunctioning?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Archos 604 TV Recording Timer Scheduling
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Archos 604 TV Recording Timer Scheduling
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
604 wifi scheduling

In reply to: Archos 604 TV Recording Timer Scheduling

I purchased a 604 wifi and am also experiencing the exact same problem. I have been on hold for tech support for 1 1/2 hours! Any Help?
Thanks

Collapse -
Archos Technical Support

In reply to: 604 wifi scheduling

That's bad news that someone else is having a similar problem. I was hoping mine was an anomoly. I too spoke with tech support and they couldn't help. They suggested I take it back and exchange it. I was told noone else had complained of this problem.

I may try another because I really like the product. I have used it to surf the net and other functions. It works great except for the scheduler.

Collapse -
archos scheduler

In reply to: Archos Technical Support

After speaking to Archos Tech support I found out that it was user error om my part, however, the manual is very vague in regards to what sequence of buttons to select. Here is how I got my to work properly:

1. Select the scheduler and enter the date, time channel etc. Once this is complete and while the selected schedule is still highlighted, press the menu key at the bottom right side of the archos. Validate the program, is the first option you will see on a menu. Select validate program and a green arrow appears next to your schedule along with a black checkmark. At this point press the "X" next to ok on lower right side of the archos. This will take you to the main screen where you are to leave the archos while it records. I hope this works for others, it did work for me.

Collapse -
Thanks

In reply to: archos scheduler

I appreciate this info. It worked for me too. I talked with Tech Support and the best they could tell me was to exchange it. Archos needs to update their manual because it it sorely missing on explaing this.

Thanks again.

Collapse -
Archos 604

In reply to: Archos 604 TV Recording Timer Scheduling

The support for this device is the most pathetic i have ever encountered from any company.
I have purchased the "Cinema" plug-in from their website to allow the playback of MPEG2 and .VOB files (something i was under the impression it did out of the box) Anyway, the firmware first needed upgrading which i did, then the plug-in downloads as a 1KB file that crashes the machine upon installation !!!
If anybody can help me - please send me a reply.

If you are considering buying this device - my sincere advice is NOT to.
Their support is truly the worst ever....

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.