General discussion

Apple iPhone 3G Home Options (Some disadvantages)

Photos (You cannot organize photos on the iPhone. It would be nice to be able to create new folders and move pictures around once they are on the iPhone.}

Camera (A faster image processor would be a nice addition)

Stocks (You cannot move the stocks around in the stock list. Instead, you have to delete stocks and add them again in a different order to rearrange them. Since it can take awhile for the iPhone to verify a ticker symbol, this can be a bit of a hassle)

Maps (I would like to be able to save maps on the iPhone instead of having to access the Internet each time I want to load a previously viewed map. The iPhone does cache a certain amount of the Maps data, but you cannot designate how much)

Weather(Being able to view a detailed forecast for the current and next day would be helpful)

Calculator (You cannot get more of a basic calculator than the one included with the iPhone. I would like to see more scientific functions in the next version as well graphing capabilities down the line)

Notes (Each note is named according to the first line in the note. It would be nice to be able to save each note with a custom name, just like saving a text document on the computer)

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Apple iPhone 3G Home Options (Some disadvantages)
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Apple iPhone 3G Home Options (Some disadvantages)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Are you limiting your reveiw to

Only what the iPhone comes with and disregarding any appstore item now or future?

- Collapse -
Apple iPhone 3G Home Options & possible solution

You can take a screenshot of the map and it will be in your camera roll until you delete it.

I'm able to move the stock around.

for scientific functions turn the calculator sideways.

CNET Forums