Phones forum

General discussion

Apple iPhone

by kirk8 / December 9, 2008 3:59 AM PST

Any news about an upgrade to the 3G before or shortly after Christmas?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Apple iPhone
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Apple iPhone
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Can you please elaborate?
by Pepe7 / December 9, 2008 5:22 AM PST
In reply to: Apple iPhone

There already are 8 & 16GB 3G models available. I doubt we'll see the 32 before Xmas. Or are you referring to the $99 Wal Mart rumor(?)

-Pedro

Collapse -
Upgraded Capabilities
by kirk8 / December 9, 2008 6:59 AM PST

I was hoping for a longer battery life, better camera, better MP3 player before buying one. I'm in no hurry; didn't want the first version, and wanted to wait to see if there were some improvements to the 2nd version before Christmas.

Collapse -
increasing the memory capacity...
by Pepe7 / December 9, 2008 7:33 AM PST
In reply to: Upgraded Capabilities

...is their easiest way to turn a profit and capture more sales since over time that addt'l capacity becomes cheaper and cheaper to produce/sell. Some of the software updates fix a few things but AFAIK none on your list unfortunately. Regarding camera improvements on handsets in general, keep in mind relatively decent digital cameras with *real* lenses are inexpensive now. In this sense, there's no real incentive yet to make even a high end phone such as an iPhone perform similarly, unless they can defy the laws of physics at a competitive manufacturing price.

I'm surprised you would want to improve the MP3 functionality of the iPhone, or maybe you are alluding simply to adding more flash memory(?)

-Pedro

Collapse -
Extended Warranty?
by cokerm / December 15, 2008 5:15 AM PST
In reply to: Apple iPhone

Is it worth it to purchase the $69 extended warranty for the Apple Iphone?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

We are giving away 'Black Panther' swag!

Four lucky readers will be taking home *Marvel*ous "Black Panther" prizes, including magazines autographed by the King of Wakanda himself! Giveaway ends Feb. 25, 2018.