Mac OS forum

General discussion

Apple Discounts

by bokkieiom / March 22, 2006 2:34 AM PST

Hi I'm a student at highschool in the Isle of Man and I was wondering how to get a discount on Apple products I'm 13 years old.

Please give me some tips and help.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Apple Discounts
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Apple Discounts
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Call the Apple Store, UK
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / March 22, 2006 3:19 AM PST
In reply to: Apple Discounts
Collapse -
Discounts Apple
by bokkieiom / March 23, 2006 4:22 AM PST

Thanks but what is the phone number?

Collapse -
Did your fingers break or something
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / March 23, 2006 5:58 AM PST
In reply to: Discounts Apple

I don't mind helping people with their mac problems but it is a little annoying to be told to look in the Phone book of a country in which I do not live, because some 13 year old has not grasped the concept of self help.

Pick up your trusty BT Telephone book and let YOUR fingers do the walking. Mine are just too tired to walk that far.

You could always check out the web site.

Collapse -
Funny comment
by taboma / March 26, 2006 6:40 AM PST

Why not Pete?
So, so fun comment.
Just thought of something for this kid. Dashboard has a Widget for Yellow Pages in several countries including the UK.
Worth a try.
I have one for Milan, Italy and another for Brussels, Belgium.
Unfortunately, I speak none of the languages.

Collapse -
by bokkieiom / March 26, 2006 10:55 PM PST

Thank you for your "help" and yes I found what I was looking for. You have to have a student card.

And no my fingers are not broken.I was just asking about Mac Products.

Collapse -
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / March 27, 2006 1:32 AM PST
In reply to: Alright

Used to be a body of people who were fiercely independant and had a reputation for getting the job done. My, how things change.
There you are, with Internet Access, asking the rest of the world to look up the telephone number of Apple UK for you.

Had you indicated that you had at least done some research into the answer to your question, "I've looked all over the Apple UK site and cannot find anything about it", those people whom you are expecting to give up their time, to look on the same internet as you use, would be more inclined to be sympathetic to your plight.
I gave you the web address of Apple UK, apparently I should have clicked the URL for you too.
If memory serves, you were not asking about Mac products, only how to get them cheaply

Collapse -
Ok I get the Picture
by bokkieiom / March 27, 2006 4:48 AM PST
In reply to: Manxmen

I have learned from my mistake and I'm sorry for what I did.
But you did for me really helped out. I should have taken the time and responsibilty to fing the number I shall not make that mistake again and waste your time or anybody elses.

Lets leave the matter accordingly. Alright.

Collapse -
Spoken like a Gentleman
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / March 27, 2006 5:06 AM PST
In reply to: Ok I get the Picture

Don't hesitate to ask questions but do try to come up with an answer first.

Welcome to the Mac clan

Collapse -
Look here first
by simoncroft / March 25, 2006 3:24 AM PST
In reply to: Apple Discounts
Collapse -
Well Done
by bokkieiom / March 26, 2006 10:57 PM PST
In reply to: Look here first

You know this is the simple query I wanted answered.
Thank you for not being rude about this like others.
I found what I was looking for.

Collapse -
Almost made it!
by lampietheclown / March 28, 2006 6:41 PM PST
In reply to: Well Done

QUOTE:You know this is the simple query I wanted answered.

We ALL know. We also all know that it was, as you say, "simple", which is why you could have done it yourself.

QUOTE:Thank you for not being rude about this like others.

Well, that takes the wind out of your apology now, doesn't it?

QUOTE: I found what I was looking for

Not quite true, and it goes to the point. HE found what you were looking for, because you couldn't be bothered.

You almost made it out of the thread with your answer, and because of your apology, our respect. Just couldn't resist trashing it on the way out, could you?

Some peoples kids.

Lampie the mean old Clown

Collapse -
Don't get involved.
by bokkieiom / March 30, 2006 12:12 AM PST
In reply to: Almost made it!

The message I wrote to you was way before I apologised and didn't involve you. Me and the Guy who I wrote to have sorted it all out.

Anyway why are we fighting? I admit I was stupid and thoughtless and tired. But hey this a reviewing webstie not a fighting website.

If you look at the bottom it says do not post OFFENSIVE materials, profanity or PERSONAL attacks.

Please lets get back to posting relevant things about technology.

Collapse -
My mistake
by lampietheclown / March 30, 2006 4:05 AM PST
In reply to: Don't get involved.

I didn't notice the time stamps put the other post first..

My mistake, sorry.

Collapse -
Good Advice
by taboma / March 28, 2006 12:33 PM PST
In reply to: Look here first

Simon, Are those darts I see on your profile photo?
The closest I could come to fame was a seven-dart out at the famed pub in Boston. Bull & Finch Pub (Also known as ??CHEERS!? The TV series years back.) We played for shots of Irish Whiskey. Won so many that Friday afternoon I needed help to cross the street. Almost got mowed down trying to cross Beacon Street. Man, do I hate Boston drivers.
No mercy for a dart player!! :

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?