Web Hosting, Design, & Coding forum

General discussion

Aplus Update a Failure

by johngroup / October 15, 2009 5:28 AM PDT

After 3 years as an Aplus Hosting customer and placing many of our web design/development clients with them, their recent update has created brutal failures. Prior to this update, all was fine.

Now at DAY 3 OF NO HELP or SUPPORT - lots of boilerplate answers that do not resolve anything.

Since the update:
1) we have PHP issues
2) server path issues which breaks the CMS
3) CMS save/page load times have increased from 5-10 seconds to 1-3 minutes - often incomplete.
4) FTP upload times of simple/small files have increased from under 10 seconds to 2-3 minutes - often incomplete.

Now Aplus plans to update several of our client CMS sites at the end of the month. This same update will break the function of each site.

Having worked with many hosts over the years, I realize there are issues when migrating to new servers. But this is the worst case. Problems that break the site's functions and no help. Do we wait and see if Aplus will correct the problems their update has caused or start moving sites away?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Aplus Update a Failure
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Aplus Update a Failure
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
If they have not corrected
by Sovereign Forum moderator / October 16, 2009 12:44 PM PDT
In reply to: Aplus Update a Failure

the mistake with the Web site that is already broken and have provided no support whatsoever, then that is what you should expect for your clients. Might as well back up and download everything and switch over to a new host.

~Sovereign

Collapse -
was fine until Sept. '09, then major problems
by danatkiva / October 17, 2009 6:25 AM PDT

In Sept. I was informed they would be moving my site to another server. Well, after the 'move' all of my PHP MYSQL scripts fail, my databases are GONE, my extra FTP site is not working, etc. New support is useless, they give stupid answers via email and close the support request. I'm looking for another host. Just found out that Codero has bought Aplus.net; so AVOID Aplus.net AND Codero!

Collapse -
Aplus Hosting Problems Keep Growing
by johngroup / October 18, 2009 8:05 AM PDT

Five days, more problems and no help! Not even a boilerplate "We're looking into it".

Either Aplus must be overwhelmed with complaints or simply do not care. We'll be moving our clients and ourselves away as quickly as possible.

For those of you considering Aplus Hosting, when your site/DB goes down and nobody wants to assist you, don't say you were not warned!

Collapse -
Try the cancel an account
by johngroup / October 28, 2009 3:40 PM PDT

Just wait till you try the cancel an account. The 'cancel services' form has been removed - now you need to call, wait 20 minutes, speak to 2 people, send them 2 emails (which they never acknowledge) and the bills just keep on coming.

Support is a joke - 15 days and they're still fumbling around. From where did they hire these fools?

Billing doesn't understand numbers.

Cancel services doesn't understand what cancel means.

And support escalations is the best - you never hear back after 4 emails. Special.

We pulled 27 client accounts and all that's left are 24 domain names. Now if the people in billing, support, cancellations and escalations would go find real careers, the company could retain its value of $1.50.

Collapse -
All I know is...
by Mr_Pseudonym / November 16, 2009 4:32 AM PST

All I know, as a rank beginner with a few sites, is that Aplus changed their File Manager upload tool from something that was usable to something that is entirely incomprehensible; and none of the Knowledge Base articles that address it are correct.

It looks like aplus is pretty much over.

A

Collapse -
Glad I'm not the only one...
by bluarcher / January 24, 2010 12:55 PM PST

Aplus used to be an absolute pleasure to work with. They were prompt and easy to contact. I used to suggest them as a host all the time.

Now...

Based on the problems I am experiencing plus all the other people with similar (or worse) problems, I think I need to find a new host.

It really is a shame.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.