AOL netscape no access

I use Firefox with Google as my
homepage and have been using the same bookmarked netscape.net email
address for 13 years now. For the last few days I have been unable to
access my email as I am told either "Firefox can't find the server
at netscape.aol.com." or "Firefox can't find the server at
my.screenname.aol.com." Occasionally I can get on to the site by
clicking the Try again button but cannot send messages. Any advice on
this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Gerald Gibbons

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: AOL netscape no access
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: AOL netscape no access
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Not sure as

I cannot access netscape.aol.com myself. I am in the UK and I keep defaulting to the netscape.aol.co.uk web site.

However, on the chance that your bookmark is now ineffective, (may be they have changed the link), are you able to sign in for Netscape mail from that netscape.aol.com home page?

If not, what error messages? If there is a Server Not Found message again it would seem their server is down and you may need to contact them, either by phone, (preferably), or via their "Contact Us" links.

Mark

- Collapse -
AOL netscape no access

I find that I cannot contact other AOL mail sites, not even aol.com, from home or two local public sites. This message or similar always appearsFirefox can't find the server at webmail.aol.com.

I tried to register for AIM mail but could not access this either.

Gerald Gibbons

- Collapse -
Can you give an example

Please give an example of the web site address that gives this error. Perhaps we can try.

Mark

- Collapse -
AOL netscape no access

Many thanks again. Yesterday afternoon I tried to log-in again and all is suddenly OK. I can only assume that AOL have been making changes as my bookmarked address, (http://netscape.aol.com/) now opens the homepage whereas before it went straight to the mail log-in page. Fingers crossed all is now well. Gerald Gibbons

- Collapse -
That's great

I agree, it looks like the servers were down for some reason.

Glad its working for you again.

Mark

CNET Forums