Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

General discussion

AOL is blocking my emails

by howjef / May 25, 2005 5:44 AM PDT

Thank you in advance for any assistance.
For several months AOL has been blocking my emails when they include my netfirms website in it. I then removed the URL but left the word "netfirms" and it still blocked. I contacted aol and netfirms. AOL said that a lot of spam came from people using "netfirms" . Netfirms said AOL agreed to correct the block but did not give any time frame. Today Netfirms says it has no way of influincing AOL to corect this. My web site is for a health condition called Sjogren's Syndrome (www.sjogrens.netfirms.com)and netfirms has been a great and free host. Is there anyway that i can get my emails thru to those who use aol and have requested information from me( including a healthcare professionals newsletter ). I have already explained to many of them my opinion of AOL in general but, most of them truely believe that AOL is the only way they can get email or connect to the internet. One just said that is what he is familiar with and is too coputer illiterate to be willing to try anything else.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: AOL is blocking my emails
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: AOL is blocking my emails
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Just FYI. This is only going to get worse.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 25, 2005 5:54 AM PDT

I expect this forum to fill as more spam block methods are put in place.

Feel free to rant, but remember that's AOL and their choice.

Bob

Collapse -
Is there no other way?
by howjef / May 25, 2005 6:10 AM PDT

Thanks Bob,
I dont mind ranting about AOL. And I have offered to help any of the Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners get another non AOL email and teach them how to use it BUT, this is just very frustrating.
I have also suggested they need to complain to AOL, not to me when they dont get there newsletter and miss the meetings. They all seem to be totally snowed and intimidated by AOL.
I am hoping somebody can tell me how to get them thru with my website address in it.

Collapse -
Just one of many about FTC asking for more.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 25, 2005 8:35 AM PDT
Collapse -
AOL is 'difficult' to deal with
by ThompsonYoung / June 22, 2005 7:47 AM PDT

I have a number of opt-in mailing-lists, but AOL has blocked me claiming customers have identified me as a spammer. Since all lists are opt-in I cannot understand this, and since AOL won't talk to me about it, nor identify the customers, nor pass on a message to them, my only option is to refuse to have AOL subscribers on my lists.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.