The general opinion on this forum for AOL seems to be that it's best to use their support for their software. You pay for it by your membership fee, don't you.
- Maybe the optimized version is optimized for XP and pessimized, so to say, for Windows 98?
- Generally, if things get worse with a new version, consider going back to the old version.
- Extrac32 seems to be a Windows program; see if you can find it anywhere on the hard disk (if it doesn't exist, that's a very good reason for a load error)
- Try uninstalling, then reinstalling this version of AOL programs to see if that helps. That might be better than a "fix" that doesn't work.
- Disconnecting need not be a problem with this program, but also with the modem or the telephone line. Does the modem log offer any clues?
- Sure you don't have any viruses or spyware? See http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6132-0.html?forumID=32&threadID=17371&messageID=190635 for some software to detect it. Useful in its own right, of course.
Hope this helps,
I recently updated my aol software to 9.0 version.
My browser works well for a while and then it hangs... very slowly loading any websites and internet applications. I always end up restarting my system to optimize performance. Sometimes aol will go disconnect on its own and offer to "fix" the problem and I click on that option. It returns an error:
AB3 Cab ext error/ create process fro Extrac32.exe failed
I am running Windows 98 and ie 6.0 I upgraded Aol from the latest version of 8.0 optimized to 9.0.
Even if no one knows how to avoid the error or fix it... I would like to know if there is a way for me to make aol work more efficiently. Also.. I am on dial-up 56k modem.