General discussion

AOL

My teen age daughter got a new computer and there was a free trial for AOL. She tried it. Then charges started acruing. We called and told them we were the parents and our daughter was not allowed to use their service. They continued to bill the account. Finally we had to close out bank account to get them to stop the charges. They would not listen to us or our daughter. I will NEVER use AOL for anything and tell everyone else the same. She never used it other than the one time she signed up. This went on for at least 9 months.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: AOL
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: AOL
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: AOL

No you understand why AOL is criticized so much. They tried pulling that one on me but I beat them to the punch. AOL stands for Always Off Line. Do you still get the annoying phone calls from them?

- Collapse -
India

Not to mention they basically outsourced the whole company to India- can't get one damn person to speak English!

I went to road runner- AOL sucks

CNET Forums

Forum Info