Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Anyone know of a ferry from S.F. to Honolulu?

by C1ay / January 1, 2005 5:00 AM PST

From the "One-Way Rentals" policy at the Alamo Rent-A-Car website:

"A vehicle can be rented in one location and returned to another. Some one-way rentals are assessed a one-time drop charge or mileage charge in addition to the rental rate (see 'Drop Charge' for more details). Please book your one-way rentals in advance. Rentals that are returned within the same city could be subject to a drop charge. Certain one-way rentals, such as from San Francisco to Honolulu, (or vice versa) are not allowed."

Are there really people that try to rent cars one way from San Francisco to Hawaii?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Anyone know of a ferry from S.F. to Honolulu?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Anyone know of a ferry from S.F. to Honolulu?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) How about New York to Paris????
by Andrea B. / January 1, 2005 5:08 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) There's people like that too?
by C1ay / January 1, 2005 6:45 AM PST
Collapse -
I think people look at maps...
by EdH / January 1, 2005 5:24 AM PST

and see Hawaii in a little box off the coast of Baja and figure , "Hey, that's not so far..."

Collapse -
i think the last one left
by jonah jones / January 1, 2005 5:31 AM PST

on the 7th of july 1908

Happy

Collapse -
Been trying to sell....
by John Robie / January 1, 2005 5:33 AM PST

that bridge that you can't see or observe from LA or San Diego, but doesn't the bridge that handles autos/trucks extend from the other side of Catalina Island to Ohau, Hawaii.

Collapse -
Re: A FERRY from SF to Honolulu
by Bob / January 1, 2005 6:17 AM PST

I thought that you meant FAIRY and I was going to tell you about the one that I flew fron SF to Honolulu with on my way overseas. But that's a whole nother story. I did make an attempt to drive to Honolulu in a rental car while I was waiting to go overseas from Travis Air Force Base in SF. My buddy and I rented a car and went on a tour of the docks and bars (which were located close to each other). We mistakenly went on a tour of the bars first and then went to see the docks. Somehow my friend let the car get away from him and ........... I thought that he was driving!! We survived that event and went on to tour bars in Korea and all over the Far East. I put my life and reputation on the line for my country. I never did get any thanks for my sacrifice (bars included). All I got was an Honorable Discharge.

Collapse -
Re: Your tour of duty
by Paul C / January 1, 2005 6:30 PM PST

Bobby, at least the discharge was honorable...if you get my drift. Wink

Paul

Phillipines, 71-72
Japan, 74-75
Korea, 77-78

Collapse -
Your tour of duty
by Bob / January 1, 2005 10:40 PM PST
In reply to: Re: Your tour of duty

Hey Paul,
I was in a B-26 squadron in Korea in 50-54. I say Korea but I was all over the Fae East: Okinawa, Johnson Island, Japan, Formosa(Tiawan), etc. Anywhere that had a runway large enough to accomodate a B-26 we went to. I'll bet you hadn't heard B-26 in a long time have you? They were old when I flew them and they lasted for a long time. If the Air Force knew of some of my exploits while over there they might not have given me an Honorable Discharge. It hurts my body even now to go back and remember some of the "Good Old Days".

Collapse -
When you were young...
by Paul C / January 1, 2005 10:45 PM PST
In reply to: Your tour of duty

...and thought you were 10 feet tall and bulletproof? Been there and done that, my friend...

Collapse -
It's all relative ;-)
by crowsfoot / January 2, 2005 5:48 AM PST

A man walking along a California beach was deep in prayer when all of a sudden he said aloud, "Lord grant me one wish". The sky clouded and a booming voice said, "Because you have tried to be faithful I will grant you one wish." The man said, "Build a bridge to Hawaii so I can drive over anytime I want to."

The Lord answered, "Your request is very materialistic. Think of the logistics of that kind of undertaking. The supports required to reach the bottom of the Pacific! The concrete and steel it would take. I can do it, but it is hard for me to justify your desire for worldly things. Take a little more time to think of another wish, a wish you think would honor and glorify me".

The man thought for a long time and finally said, "Lord, I wish that I could understand women. I want to know what they feel inside, what they are thinking when they give me the silent treatment, why they cry, what they mean when they say 'nothing', and how I can make a woman truly happy?"

After a few minutes God said, "So how many lanes did you want on that bridge?"

Collapse -
Re: Anyone know of a ferry from S.F. to Honolulu? Yup.
by MarkatNite / January 3, 2005 9:12 AM PST

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!