Small business & Startups forum

General discussion

anyone know a good scheduling program?

For my business, I schedule air quality tests in homes that last for 48 hours. Does anyone have recommendations for scheduling/appointment software (free or cheap would be nice). The only (emphasis added) feature I am looking for is an easy to see graphical view of free and busy times. For instance, a time & day separated matrix that shows green for open and red for closed. That way, I could easily recommend a time to a customer on the phone.

using windows 7.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: anyone know a good scheduling program?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: anyone know a good scheduling program?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You could easily make such in a spreadsheet.

In reply to: anyone know a good scheduling program?

Basics are a few macro's to:
- set the color to red or green
- make an appointment by adding a row with details on another sheet
- add the row number of the appointment to the red cells
- jump to that row to see the details for a selected red cell

My dentist has a ready made application package like this for his appointments. But that would be too expensive for you, I think, and not fully applicable (I'm identified by name and birthdate).

Kees

Collapse -
ScheduleThing

In reply to: anyone know a good scheduling program?

Have you looked at ScheduleThing? Their interface is very easy to read, and contains a detailed calendar that you can filter, expand, and customize as you need to. It also sounds like you'd be qualified for their free plan (which comes with two resources and one reservation type); if you wanted to upgrade, the next plan is only $19 month, and comes with an initial one month free trial.

You also say that you are only looking for something only you will use, but you might also want to consider branching out your business so that customers can make their own appointments! ScheduleThing can be set-up so that your customers can view your open times and types of services, and then make their own reservations as needed. If they ever cancel, you would receive an email notification so that you always know what's going on. And best yet, everything's web-based, which means that your appointments are updated in real time, and you can access your dashboard from anywhere with internet connection - even your phone. This will save you a ton of time and headaches!

I work on marketing for ScheduleThing, but my company also uses them to schedule our own needs. We've used them internally to book our various conference rooms (even ones in different buildings!), and externally to arrange telephone calls and phone interviews. From first-hand experience, I can tell you that it's very easy to use.

Good luck with your scheduling! For more information about ScheduleThing, visit www.schedulething.com.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.