HolidayBuyer's Guide

Phones forum

General discussion

Anyone have the PEBL? What do you think?

by jenseits / February 24, 2006 7:14 AM PST

I've read that much of the appeal is in how it feels, but my local store doesn't have it in stock for me to check out. Does anyone have it? Or has anyone played with it? Thumbs up or down... or just m'eh?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Anyone have the PEBL? What do you think?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Anyone have the PEBL? What do you think?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
i've had it for a few days.........
by smarte92 / February 24, 2006 2:25 PM PST

and i like it. The phone is definitely very sleek and good looking. the one motion opening is sure to impress anyone who sees you perform it.

Feature wise, the PEBL is comparitive to the RAZR, but has new menus.
The camera is not very impressive, and there aren't very many other high end features.

If you are looking for a more feature-filled phone, try the Samsung T809 from T-Mobile. It is pretty much just as good-looking as the PEBL, and adds an MP3 player, and a neat slider design.

Hope this helps,

smarte92

Collapse -
Feels great
by jbroshear / February 27, 2006 12:33 AM PST

The cover material and shape feels great. The 1-button opening is cool. Guts are like the RAZR, for better or worse.

Collapse -
for nonsequiter...
by madeformotorola / February 27, 2006 11:23 AM PST
In reply to: Feels great

there is no button to open the phone...i think you mean "one push"

Collapse -
yes. bad choice of words
by jbroshear / March 12, 2006 11:52 AM PST
In reply to: for nonsequiter...

that is correct. there is no button. you just sort of tap it in the right direction and it flipos open

Collapse -
i got one
by madeformotorola / February 24, 2006 11:32 PM PST

yea i have had the pebl since february 3rd..it is the best phone . style is the biggest thing for me. the functionality is the same as all recent motorola phones

Collapse -
jealous
by ChipJim / March 9, 2006 5:40 AM PST
In reply to: i got one

Man, I want one. I agree, a cool, smooth exterior is one of the biggest factors for me. I don't even know anyone who has a PEBL yet... I'd love to be the first one.

Collapse -
PEBL
by kkgarland / March 10, 2006 8:45 PM PST

Hi just got one from www.maplemobiles.com. It's a nice phone but not as great as everyone makes it out to be.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) what don't you like about it?
by jenseits / March 12, 2006 10:56 PM PST
In reply to: PEBL
Collapse -
I like the look/feel of the outside...
by mightyphung / March 13, 2006 5:00 AM PST

but the guts of it are just like the RAZR, which isn't all that great, IMO

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.