PC Applications forum

General discussion

Anyone have email/street address for Tuneup Software GmbH?

by marymary51 / February 9, 2007 4:18 PM PST

I can't get a response from Tuneup Software GmbH customer support email or from the publisher's address in Germany. I bought Tuneup Utilities 2006 (didn't know 2007 was out) & couldn't open the download. I got an error msg every time I tried. My computer wouldn't open any of the links for customer support on their website (I only get a big white window in the middle of the page b/c something or other isn't supported), & a friend only got a msg saying a link couldn't be made to the address when he tried on another computer. Rats! I managed to pry support@tuneup.de from a dept. handling some of the payments for TU purchases, but I can't get any reply. Does anybody have another email or street address for Tuneup Software? I know they're honest, but I feel like I don't know the secret handshake or something.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Anyone have email/street address for Tuneup Software GmbH?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Anyone have email/street address for Tuneup Software GmbH?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Have you tried these addresses
by phil66 / February 10, 2007 8:48 PM PST
In reply to: tuneu
Collapse -
email address
by marymary51 / February 11, 2007 4:57 PM PST

Thanks! Only problem is that according to my address book there's a syntax error in that address. I don't know how to fix the address-do you?

Collapse -
Re: email-address
by Kees Bakker / February 11, 2007 5:42 PM PST
In reply to: email address

The support page contains a link to the emailadress for the support team. That's support@tune-up.com and it seems quite valid to me. I can't see any reason why your address book would refuse. In fact, I don't see any reason to put it in my address book. I just send the mail.

Hope this helps.

Kees

Collapse -
email address
by marymary51 / February 12, 2007 11:13 AM PST
In reply to: Re: email-address
http://www.tune-up.com/
http://www.tune-up.com/company/contact/

My address book refused the 2nd address & would've refused the 1st b/c they're both URLs, not email addresses. I already knew of them both, as I said in my OP. I was mistakenly trying to put the 2nd one in my address book b/c it was past 1 a.m. when I saw it (*yawn*) & I wanted to deal with the cs thing in the morning :-). I was a little fuzzy & so didn't see right away that it was a URL.

Looks like I need to learn how to turn a URL into an email address like the one you gave me-thanks! I didn't see it on the TU Software website or know how to find it there.
Collapse -
Re: "learn how to turn a URL into an email address"
by Kees Bakker / February 13, 2007 4:09 AM PST
In reply to: email address

Mary,

I just clicked on it (that is: on the "support team" link in the second link). Then I got a new mail with the address already filled in. Couldn't be easier.

The alternative in IE and Firefox is right clicking on the link. In the properties you'll find the mail address (mailto:...).
In Firefox there's a third possibility: right click and choose "copy link location". Then it's ohttp://forums.cnet.com/5224-6138_102-0.html?forumID=31&threadID=232963&messageID=2402165
Submitn the clipboard. And ctrl-v (=paste) puts it anywhere you want, like in the To-line of a mail or in a post like this.

Collapse -
URL into email
by marymary51 / February 13, 2007 1:10 PM PST

Thanks so much!! The whole problem was that clicking on the link only got me a big white box in the middle of the page & sometimes a msg that the comp's email client wasn't properly installed. I didn't know about the other alternatives you explained.

Collapse -
Re: url to email
by Kees Bakker / February 13, 2007 5:13 PM PST
In reply to: URL into email

If you click on a mailto:-link (like mailto:myself@hotmail.net) and you get a message about your email program not being properly configured, in all likelyhood that message is true. Time to solve that so that those links work again. Better start a new discussion in the Computer Help or Computer Newbie forum (whatever you feel is more applicable, no offence intended).

Sorry that my post was unreadable. It had some text that didn't belong there. My fault.

Kees

Collapse -
discussion suggestion
by marymary51 / February 14, 2007 9:23 AM PST
In reply to: Re: url to email

None taken-call a newbie a newbie. Yeah, I knew it was true, I just thought it was a P.I.T.A. I'd have to live with. It never occurred to me to try to fix it, & b/c I'm new to these forums I didn't think of trying to get fixit help here. Good idea-thanks!

Collapse -
email address cont'd.
by marymary51 / February 11, 2007 5:23 PM PST

I just understood the problem. I wasn't paying attention & tried to put the web address you gave me in my email address book. I was asking for an email address b/c other than their main website my computer won't open the links on their site. The address you gave me-thanks for trying to help-was just for a page on their site which contains some of the email us links I can't open.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.