Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Cameras forum

General discussion

Anyone has ideas on a good digital camera?

by BocaBrat / February 10, 2007 5:14 AM PST

I need a new camera under $100. Anyone has an idea?
Keep in mind it needs to take the wear-n-tear of everyday life. The more megapixels the better. No old and used. I want a new camera from a brand/store that can be trusted. Links perferred. Thank you so much. Sincerely, THE one and only BocaBrat

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Anyone has ideas on a good digital camera?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Anyone has ideas on a good digital camera?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Under $100
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / February 10, 2007 9:43 AM PST
Collapse -
Anyone has ideas on a good digital camera? A= Buy Used
by Escorial-Green / February 11, 2007 8:37 AM PST

For under $100 your not going to get much , personally I think you will just be throwing away your money. I would look on Ebay for a nice Canon S30 or S40 powershot. They can be had for the money your looking to spend.

I have a S30 which has been in use almost dailey for the last 7 years. You can check out the Canon site for the specs or get a review from Steves Digicams
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2001_reviews/canon_s30.html.

My likes are fits in the pocket, pretty good battery life (I use aftermarket batteries) makes movies and its great in auto. Its a great camera for the newbie but has a lot of extras if you wish to get serious.

My 2 cents,

John

Collapse -
Digital camera
by georgebitar / February 12, 2007 1:30 AM PST

Hi, George Bitar here,
I recently bought a Kodak Easyshare for my mom and she loves it. Easy to use, easy to print pictures. We bought the printer that went with it and paid $200 total for both.
Thanks,
George Bitar

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!